Sign in to follow this  

NB 14 fwy friday night 8-22-08 u live in AV

Your bike has a Thumper talk sticker on front fender. You ride a Honda XR that is plated white no signals it was about 9pm. Your bike rear tail light intermintatly turns on but is off more than on and you have no brake light at all. Really hard to see you at night. I tried to tell you but you could not hear me. So I tried to stay behind you but you were all over the road like it was easy for everybody to see you. Maybe you should stop to see what a person is trying to tell you before you end up all over the road:bonk: . Good luck

• Like 1

nope... not me either... usually I stay away from the 14... too many cars... but its a quick way to get to the mtns... usually I just ride from my backdoor to the dirt.

Yup, t'was me. Got your PM too. Those LED 1157 bulbs tend to work loose w/my BD kit on my XR600. Sorry I couldnt hear shite @ 75mph on the frwy!

Thanks again, Guy

Guy- I kinda figger'd it was you...How's the hand (or was it wrist?) healing up? Must not be too bad if you're riding on the road. I've been riding the WR a bit on the local streets as well (too and from work), but stay off the 14.

Try a dab of RTV on the base of the bulb (put it on after the bulb is in the socket and put it across both the bulb base and socket) to keep 'em from vibrating out...

I wound up cutting cast off after 3 weeks, but decided that was a mistake, slipped it back on w/ace bandage for a few more weeks. I broke + dislocated rt thumb, but havent been back to ortho since accident. So thumb gets pretty sore. I did pass my M1 test, and that was a little tough on my bike w/my thumb the way it was. We should get a ride going soon and I will try the RTV dab on the bulb. I do have signals, but they are pretty small. And my T/L regularly does this, so I wasnt too worried on the road. I was looking for flames shooting out the back of my bike or something 👍 BTW, the whole time I though I was being chased by a nut (no offense) in a Tahoe/'Burban...doh!