Sign in to follow this  

Going to be doing some YZF250 dyno testing

The YZF250 is going back on the dyno for awhile testing some new stuff.

I'll be posting some graphs for your enjoyment... but the purpose of this thread is to get you guys involved.

I'll be taking suggestions on what graphs you would like to see, within reason of course... don't get mad at me if I don't do it... I only have enough time in the day to test my priorities.

Next, I've never done this before.. but I might be willing to give this a try. If you have some things that you would love to see tested that you own... and want to send it to me... you would have to pay shipping to and from... I might be willing to test it for you.. again this is new to me... so let's see what kind of responses I get and we'll go from there.

I’ll look forward to it. 👍 As previously posted, I’ve had some heartbreakingly small increases (and decreases) from exhaust changes.:worthy:

I’ll look forward to it. 👍 As previously posted, I’ve had some heartbreakingly small increases (and decreases) from exhaust changes.:worthy:

Haha your not alone in that one buddy

I'd like to see a comparison of a stock motor to a motor with only bottom end polishing/coating.

I would like to see anything you post, but a big one includes a cam only vs a pipe only.

Also, U4.2 vs pump, of course jetted correctly.

I am getting greedy here, but see how much hp a billet anodized oil fill plug adds, Im willing to bet its a lot!

In all honesty, maybe a typical bolt on build would be great to see, so high compression piston from whoever, pipe, and cams. I think people under appreciate the skill and science behind what porting does, and for the money, it probably blows a typical bolt on build out of the water, even if a stock piston exhaust and cams were used.

So I guess a typical bolt on build, but maybe in steps.

jesse,

if i may ask, which would clearly show the advantages, is a pull with completely stock jetting on a completely stock bike. no changes at all. just like how it rolls off the dealers floor. then the incrementals with each circuit as you bring them into the correct setting. with EGA (specifially CO) to show how off or on it really is.

thanks,

steve

jesse,

if i may ask, which would clearly show the advantages, is a pull with completely stock jetting on a completely stock bike. no changes at all. just like how it rolls off the dealers floor. then the incrementals with each circuit as you bring them into the correct setting. with EGA (specifially CO) to show how off or on it really is.

thanks,

steve

YES,,, excellent idea Steve. I would like to see this too, but also at partial throttle openings. And then, compare this to different pipes, again with stock and dialed jetting. (of course, I realize that this is all a LOT of work and there are limits to how much time you have to work with this experiment)

Thanks in advance for your hard work.

Joe

Btw, remember back about a dozen-fifteen years or so ago, Dirt Bike magazine did something like this with a CR250? The results were downright amazing how a clip or two change made a HUGE difference in partial throttle responses. Correct jetting made something like a 5-8hp difference at 1/2 throttle.

oh and jesse, use 87 octane pump swill. then 89 and finally 93.

then switch over to something like StreetBlaze 101 or Motosports 103 and then finally U4.2 (of course MR9 would be fine too). or any brand as long as i can find the entire evap curve.

oh and jesse, use 87 octane pump swill. then 89 and finally 93.

then switch over to something like StreetBlaze 101 or Motosports 103 and then finally U4.2 (of course MR9 would be fine too). or any brand as long as i can find the entire evap curve.

I bet he's sorry that he had asked us for inputs/opinions now... Huge wish list... lol 👍

I am also curious of proper vs. improper jetting, cams vs. pipe and porting. I dont' think pipes do as much for four strokes as the hype says they do.