What is the best tire?

I have a 2007 rmz 250, I have been through a bunch of tires and not found on that I like. The tire that I have on their now is a Dunlop 756RR and after 3 weeks of riding 2 race the tire is killed all the knobs are cracked and seem to be trying to rip off. I live in up state NY

• 2 months later...
I have a 2007 rmz 250, I have been through a bunch of tires and not found on that I like. The tire that I have on their now is a Dunlop 756RR and after 3 weeks of riding 2 race the tire is killed all the knobs are cracked and seem to be trying to rip off. I live in up state NY

I hear you! The stock 756 that came with my bike had it after about 3 rides. It is not made for NY hard pack. I am going to try the Kenda washougals. Someone on here told me they were good and not to expensive. I think the michelins are the best but a little prcey.:bonk:

I think I read in a mag that the Kenda's worked quite well especially for the price. When I went to buy one I took along my scale and weighed it and if I remember right it was unusually heavy so I didn't get it. Out here in lala land the typical track has both loose sandy soil and hard pack so I've been using a Dunlop 745. Decent all round tire but not as accurate as say a 739...

What tyres have you tried up until now? What are you finding wrong with them, is it not maybe a handling issue with the bike? The RMZ can be quite querky and is sensitive to having the sag and fork height set correctly for the conditions.

I generally find the 756 to be the best all round tyre and is the front tyre of choice for me regardless of the conditions. The rear I am less picky about and have experimented with many different ones and have not yet found a preference.

The 756RR is the race replica tyre and so does have a shortened life compared with the standard. I used a pair once and was quite amazed at how long they DIDN'T last, even the front seemed shot after just ine race!

Ive been a loyal Dunlop 756 frt & rear fan for years. Im now running the 404 & 403 and very pleased. the edges stay square 2x long compared to 756.

How do they compare with the 756 in terms of performance though? I've never got on with Bridgestones that well in the past, but would be interested to try again.

I think the performance is very comparable to the 756. For me the 756 would loose its bite after say... 3 practice moto days. still performing well but not as agressively. The bridgestones seem to stay agressive and edgy for 5-6 practice moto days for me. straight line stability and cornering great, no faults at all. If my local shop was out of stock on the 404/403.. Id pull the 756's in a heart beat, but it sure is nice getting longer wear time without loosing performance = $$ in my pocket

michelin mh3s thats what ive run all year and i love them ive tried other tires but there not the same

+1 on the michelins MH3 and MS3 have ran them for year best tire hands down IMO, were like iron, grip like super glue, and super stiff side walls ive ran mine down to 7 lbs with no probs, i like the MH3 in the rear and the MS3 in the front

The RR's wear really fast and the regular 756 seems to work well even while the tread is going away but they don't last as long as the Bridgestones. The Bridgestone 404 is a good tire and wears better than the Dunlop. The Michelin's last forever but IMO don't work as well as the Bridgestone. I will never race with a Kenda they suck on the track but work ok for offroad

My experience with kenda isn't as good. No matter which model I've bought, front or rear, they had the same too darn hard rubber compound (probably truck tire rubber). Only difference between the hard, soft, intermediate. terrain tire was just the knob shape or pattern. The hard and interm in the carlsbad is the SAME tire, you just mount it forward or reverse. Side walls are so stiff I had to run ~8psi to get the tire to work. Might be good if you want a tire that last along time or hits junk at high speed and survives? but they are too hard IMHO for anything else.