Sign in to follow this  

What comes with the bike?

What should I have received with my new bike? I have received a workshop manual which looks as if it is book 2 without book 1 in other words I should have a manual in two parts.

Should I have had any basic tools (plug spanner etc) as my invoice details say WR250F + Kit?

Thanks

Mermoto

I only for the manual and the plug wrench (had to ask for the wrench too!)

Spoke wrench seems to only be included with some bikes and according to my research, is not part of the noraml 'kit'.

Keep in miond, these are US bikes the Cap and I have

I only for the manual and the plug wrench (had to ask for the wrench too!)

Spoke wrench seems to only be included with some bikes and according to my research, is not part of the noraml 'kit'.

Keep in miond, these are US bikes the Cap and I have

my spoke wrench plugged into the spark plug tool for extra leverage, the other end of the spark plug tool is what I used to remove he seat. fitted perfectly

So was the plug wrench in a storage area on the bike or did it come loose? I have not looked at the spark plug access yet but assume the tank needs to come off to gain access?

Mermoto

So was the plug wrench in a storage area on the bike or did it come loose? I have not looked at the spark plug access yet but assume the tank needs to come off to gain access?

Mermoto

if your very good, you can get the wrench in without the tank coming off, i've never done it, but i've 'heard' people can do it. but I also had an iKat so i couldn't even try it.

there is no storage space in the bike. but you can buy fender packs, or get a tool pack that contains your tool, and fits in your airbox, get some hooks, like ones to hold your mountain bike to your garage wall, and screw them into your airbox,then place the pack on it and it should stay away from your airfilter and not bounce all over the place

Thing is, to get the COP (coil over plug) off, you need the tank off. Older models that had a separate coil and high tension lead may of been able to get it off without pulling th tank. However, you will very rarely need to access the plug. LOL, you'll be pulling the tank to check valve clearances much more often. Figure a plug is good for 100 hours of riding.