Sign in to follow this  

Urgent: XR250/200 rear shock

Okay I just offered a guy $45.00 for a rear shock off of a 1985 xr250 will this shock fit on my 1997 xr200? also this guy is parting this bike out so would there be anything else I might wan to get off of it?

Yes it will fit. If you can get the front end, you will have a disc up front.

Additionally the front end would balance out that shock as the shock will shoot up your rear end a couple inches.

And yes the previous two gentlemen are correct. You just have to find a spot to clamp the remote reservoir.

Didn't mention it before, but if you can get the rear wheel (it also is a straight bolt on) it will give you an 18 inch wheel which will afford you more selection in tires. Consider a trials tire.

I'm confused about when Honda went to 17" rear wheels on the XRs because I have a wheel from an 84 XR250R and it is an 18", I also owned an 87 XR250R and it had a 18" rear wheel. All of the XR200Rs that Ive owned had 18" rear wheels but these were early eighties models.

I'm confused about when Honda went to 17" rear wheels on the XRs because I have a wheel from an 84 XR250R and it is an 18", I also owned an 87 XR250R and it had a 18" rear wheel. All of the XR200Rs that Ive owned had 18" rear wheels but these were early eighties models.

The 84 has an aftermarket rear wheel then. 81-85 XR250s had a 17" rear rim.

XR200Rs got them from 84 onwards.