Sign in to follow this  

New (to us) CRF250

Just picked up an 06 CRF250R and was wondering what your guys opinions were. I'm out of country at the moment and my wife and son found this bike, emailed me, and I told her to go get it. Bought from a local mx shop for $3200, here is the list:

Pro Circuit piston & valves (just done and broke in)

Port and polish by PC

Air fuel mixture screw done by PC (doesn't already come with one 👍 )

Works Connection radiator and engine braces

Works Connection skid plate

Billet throttle tube

Fuel accelerator pump (Boyseen Quick shot I'm thinking...)

Factory Connection suspension (valving)

Applied triple clamp

ASV levers

Tokyo Mods 10 Map ignition :worthy:

PC holeshot device

Moose fork bleeders

...and all the stock parts that were pulled

The guy says he ran race fuel in it, but it doesn't *require* it. He would run 110 cut half and half with 91 pump gas. The boy is excited about making the switch from his 150R, I just hope it's not to much for him.

Anyway, I'd love to hear opinions about giving $3200 for the bike, and any info on using the Ignition module would be good (like how do you know what map you are on). I won't be back home for another week or so and haven't seen the bike in person, but I'm looking forward to seeing it. I do have some pics:

003.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

Just ordered the fury shroud graphics from e-stickygraphics.com and the boy REALLY wants black rims...

• Like 1

thats a really good deal. i bought my 06 in april for 3200 also and all it had on it was graphics, and a bendable brake lever. so that is a really good deal.

thats a really good deal. i bought my 06 in april for 3200 also and all it had on it was graphics, and a bendable brake lever. so that is a really good deal.

Glad to hear it...my wife said the boy started it with one kick, so that's good news too. So is a "bendable brake lever" the same thing as an unbreakable? My sons 150 has a "bendable shift lever", I know this because I have to bend it back into place after every race. 👍

Glad to hear it...my wife said the boy started it with one kick, so that's good news too. So is a "bendable brake lever" the same thing as an unbreakable? My sons 150 has a "bendable shift lever", I know this because I have to bend it back into place after every race. 👍

Yes, that is an unbreakable lever. That bike is a very good deal, if everything is a ok, and it appears in very good condition, I would jump on that fast! If somethings good, it won't last long.

Yes, that is an unbreakable lever. That bike is a very good deal, if everything is a ok, and it appears in very good condition, I would jump on that fast! If somethings good, it won't last long.

Well we own it now so it's a done deal. The guy we bought it from also offered to come to the track with us to run us through everything...mostly the use of the ignition, just so my son would be comfortable with everything. I guess he used to train mx riders, or he taught a course, not really sure which. He asked my wife if we wanted him to "sponsor" our son. I think it just means cheaper parts for us. I told her I'd probably go for it if it means we get stickers:D

i would totally hop on that....some of thoes mods arent cheap!

thats a nice 06

Cool, I thought it seemed like a pretty good price, but it's always nice to hear it from people that know. I'm sure I'll be posting a lot of questions here. Once I get home we'll be putting a new top end in the 150r, and I haven't decided if I want to do it myself or let Honda do it. If I do it myself I'm sure I'll have the laptop in the garage dialed into TT 👍

Thanks again guys-

-Curt

good deal and good price!!👍 bike looks really clean and ya some of those mods arent cheap like Berm-Saw stated. but i think you might have liked a 07 better. my cousins 06 was stiff, and slow. had hesitation on throttle blips to wide open. Totally seemed like my 07 rev'd faster than his also. he didnt want to get off my bike:rant: .

BTW Curt . . . where about in CA do you live? Nor-cal, So-cal, Cen-cal? send me a PM im always looking for new people to ride with.

Well we own it now so it's a done deal. The guy we bought it from also offered to come to the track with us to run us through everything...mostly the use of the ignition, just so my son would be comfortable with everything. I guess he used to train mx riders, or he taught a course, not really sure which. He asked my wife if we wanted him to "sponsor" our son. I think it just means cheaper parts for us. I told her I'd probably go for it if it means we get stickers:D

You should have him set up the suspension for you too while you got him out there.

nice i got a 06 with PC stuff too, a little bit more, but it was for 3600, the lucky part was it was it was under a mile away from our house

nice i got a 06 with PC stuff too, a little bit more, but it was for 3600, the lucky part was it was it was under a mile away from our house

That's always a nice bonus. This guy actually delivered it to my house for my wife. I think she played up the helpless pretty girl thing...never mind the fact that she gets the boy to the track every weekend all by her lonesome when I'm gone...👍

Yeah, when I get home we'll set the race sag, but here's the thing...my son already roade it at the track, and pretty much hit al lthe big jumps with it. I asked him how the suspension felt and he said "good I guess...how's it supposed to feel?". I don't know how to answer that. Short of setting up the sag for his weight, I have no idea how the suspension should be set up. And he is still pretty new to riding and can't tell me anything other than "it felt fine". Kinda like Harry Hog and Cole Trickle...I can't read his mind...any suggestions?👍

Yeah, when I get home we'll set the race sag, but here's the thing...my son already roade it at the track, and pretty much hit al lthe big jumps with it. I asked him how the suspension felt and he said "good I guess...how's it supposed to feel?". I don't know how to answer that. Short of setting up the sag for his weight, I have no idea how the suspension should be set up. And he is still pretty new to riding and can't tell me anything other than "it felt fine". Kinda like Harry Hog and Cole Trickle...I can't read his mind...any suggestions?👍

chances are if he is 150 or less the spring rates will be too stiff for him, a good place to see if you suspension is any where near set up for you is the whoops, if he gets way out of shape in the whoops then someting needs to be done...the suspension forum is a great place to ask questions like this