Sign in to follow this  

KTM EXC 125 vs WR 125

I consider buying a new bike. It will be a 2 stroke 125 or maybe even 200 i don't know.

If i haven't seen a new 09 WR 125 it would definitely be a KTM 125 or maybe 200. But now that i saw that wonder i'm really in doubt. I rode only 07 EXC 125 and i like it very very much, i like it 2 times more than my Yamaha YZ 250. Such a great bike! Also i was always more KTM guy.

I don't have any friend with new Husqvarna so i can't try it.

What do you think what should i buy? Is it clever to buy a bike without previously testing it a little?

Which bike has more low end power and has smoother powerband?👍

get the husky WR125!!!!

talking about which has more low end, then boy, you should be able to know it.... it's your YZ250!

I know my 250 has more low end but it's to brutal for me in woods...

I have a chance to buy a new bike so i need to know which is better KTM or Husqvarna. I like 125-200 more than big bores because i can use much more power than on 250 especialy MX bike.

Most people who post here are from the U.S. and we don't get the 125exc so you might not find anyone familiar with both. Maybe a more international site like dirtbikeworld would have some information.

Most people who post here are from the U.S. and we don't get the 125exc so you might not find anyone familiar with both. Maybe a more international site like dirtbikeworld would have some information.

125 EXC is hard enduro version of SX 125 that you have. You don't have hard enduro KTM 125s in the USA?? 👍

They are awesome, goes like hell and very lightweight.

125 EXC is hard enduro version of SX 125 that you have. You don't have hard enduro KTM 125s in the USA?? 👍

It's still a KTM:bonk:

125EXC is hard enduro version of SX 125 that you have. You don't have hard enduro KTM 125s in the USA?? :busted:

man, 125EXCs as real deal 125s is an overblown bullshit of a statement 👍

no 125EXC could match husky's WR125 :worthy:

I have never ridden a husky wr125, but I did used to have a ktm 125sx as well as a kx 125. The ktm 125 motor is really a great motor. It was a lot more powerful than my kx and also had a bit more pop than my buddies cr125, and my other buddies yz125, although I liked the handling on the yz better. The Honda CR was really crap. I wouldn't worry about the ktm being a bad bike, but if I were you I would try taking a look at the ktm200, especially if you are moving down from a 250. The 200 is an awesome tight woods machine. The Husky's are a really tough and rugged bike too, so I really think that the only way you can go wrong is if you pay too much for one of these bikes.

wictor, mxdigital did a comparison test on the 08 models of these bikes, you may be able to backsearch it?. Was an interesting article, more peak power from the WR125, but more bottom end from the KTM from what i remember....

I think the TM would be worth looking into as well.

Hargs'

wictor, mxdigital did a comparison test on the 08 models of these bikes, you may be able to backsearch it?. Was an interesting article, more peak power from the WR125, but more bottom end from the KTM from what i remember....

I think the TM would be worth looking into as well.

Hargs'

I was looking for TM and Gas Gas, i would pick Gas Gas but there isn't dealers in my country so the parts may be a problem. KTM has dealers all over the country so no problem. Husqvarna has only 1 but good so no problem. I don't know, maybe i'll pick 200 who knows.

at the mxdigital test the ktm won...in 2009 it is even better. more low end power then the 08 has. more goodies.

the 200 is the best woods bike ever...

Thumper have you seen a review of the 09, or know someone who has riden 08/09 to compare?

Any update on the story of the extra wr125 weight?

Cheers'

Hargs