Sign in to follow this  

DRC flasher relay- wiring help needed

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=59950

I installed the relay for the flashers using these instructions but didn't notice any difference in flasher speed. Could someone be more specific as to where the DRC wires connect into the factory plug. I know the black DRC wire goes to the ground lug on the battery. There are several different striped and dotted wires. I ended up putting the factory relay back on.

Also - I "assume" the factory relay will not be used and the DRC is a substitute. Someone please confirm.

And fyi - when wiring the front turn signals to your new two-wire LED's the factory blue wire will not be used. Tape it off. It's the indicator lights that run all the time on the factory lights.

I cut the blue wires short and used the old fashion electricians method of pulling the plastic out beyond the wire at the tip and topped it off with silicone. No tape needed.

I lucked out with the relay. My local dealer had a Lockhart Phillips relay in the sportbike section for a Yamaha which plugged into my wiring harness perfectly. My flash is back to normal. I drilled a small hole on the mount tab and zip tied it in place through the hole on the relay tab.

Lockhart Phillips part #: 122-7515

BTW: Lockhart Phillips makes factory wiring connectors for the marker lights. I use them on my Honda and Yamaha sportbikes, also. My license bracket on the WR is set up for quick removal for heavy trail riding.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=59950

I installed the relay for the flashers using these instructions but didn't notice any difference in flasher speed. Could someone be more specific as to where the DRC wires connect into the factory plug. I know the black DRC wire goes to the ground lug on the battery. There are several different striped and dotted wires. I ended up putting the factory relay back on.

Also - I "assume" the factory relay will not be used and the DRC is a substitute. Someone please confirm.

And fyi - when wiring the front turn signals to your new two-wire LED's the factory blue wire will not be used. Tape it off. It's the indicator lights that

run all the time on the factory lights.

I was in your position 3-days ago. Check out the thread "Aftermarket lights and Flashers. Show me your pic's" Its last post was 8-21-08. click on "2", then 3rd post down. Awesome link. I would provide the link myself but Im not that computer smart. Sorry.

Okay, I'm an idiot. I should have looked closer:prof: I was trying to hook up to the wrong relay:banghead:

Okay, I'm an idiot. I should have looked closer:prof: I was trying to hook up to the wrong relay:banghead:

Get her fixed? Love mine!

Just curious, but what relay were you trying to hook it up to to begin with?