Sign in to follow this  

98 and 02 cr250 interchangeable parts??

hey everybody, i know there have been a couple threads on this , but i was just wondering what parts (not motor wise) are interchangeable from a 98 250 to a 02 250. my friend is selling his 98 and wanted to know if i wanted anything off it first. I was thinking maybe the rims (mine need trued, his are staright), and maybe the forks if they will fit on my bike. The reason i want the forks is because mine are blown pretty badly, and if the 98 forks are the same fork, i would just throw them on my bike. but besides handelbars and whatnot, what other parts will interchange?? i think i heard some where that the 98 carb would be better than my 02 carb, is this true??

thanks alot everybody!

I would bet that you could swap front ends (triples to wheels), I wouldnt though, 4 yrs difference in suspension is a lot of difference. Just spend a couple bucks on getting yours rebuilt.

Rear wheels wont swap. Carbs would likely swap with some jetting work needed.

I dont think anything else would readily work, even if it did, I wouldnt think it would be worth it since you would be losing 4 yrs of improvements.

I would bet that you could swap front ends (triples to wheels), I wouldnt though, 4 yrs difference in suspension is a lot of difference. Just spend a couple bucks on getting yours rebuilt.

Rear wheels wont swap. Carbs would likely swap with some jetting work needed.

I dont think anything else would readily work, even if it did, I wouldnt think it would be worth it since you would be losing 4 yrs of improvements.

Yeah thats what i figured, i was just curious though. I think I am going to try the carb, and see how that works.