Sign in to follow this  

2007 husqvarna sm 610, blown head gasket

I purchased a used 07 sm 610 from a repitable dealer with 1400 miles on it, i've put a little over 300 easy miles on it, (i say easy because its my first street bike and not very confident on street yet) and it's blown a head gasket already. Anybody heard of this happening in such a low mileage bike? My dealer can't get any info from factory because of the husky/bmw transision is taking longer than antisipated.👍

This is very rare. No one has these issues with the TE/SM 610 on Supermotojunkie, ADV rider or on TT, so you may have got a poor quality casting or poor machining on the jug. Dealer may take care of it at cost if you talk nicely to them.

tried talking to the dealer i purchased the bike from, he is very very frustrated with the husky/bmw transition. He is unable to get a response from the factory.

I am trying to locate a service manual for my bike anybody have a source for one? Or can someone look up the timing specs and head bolt torque specs from there manual, it would be greatly appreciated!2007 husqvarna sm 610 carburated.

I purchased a used 07 sm 610 from a repitable dealer with 1400 miles on it, i've put a little over 300 easy miles on it, (i say easy because its my first street bike and not very confident on street yet) and it's blown a head gasket already. Anybody heard of this happening in such a low mileage bike? My dealer can't get any info from factory because of the husky/bmw transision is taking longer than antisipated.👍

How do you know the head gasket is blown - do not confuse a leaky valve cover with a head gasket.

White smoke...usually water/coolant leak. Blue/gray...fuel, carb, ignition problem.