Sign in to follow this  

WR360 carb question

I'm trying to figure out what the float height on my 360 should be, its a 2000 with the Mikuni TM 38. I looked in a manual I found online and the only number I could find associated with the float was 6,6? Noticed I used a comma and not a decimal which was how it was presented in the manual. Does this mean it should be 6.6mm?

Also another question for 360 owners. The bike currently has a 14 tooth front sprocket, I was thinking of putting a 15 tooth back on there as sometimes I need that extra top speed, however the 14 tooth looks bloody close to the swingarm. Whats the clearance like with a 15?

Not sure of the float height. Hopefully someone will post up.

On the 15t countershaft sprocket: It runs extremely close to the swing arm, but it does clear. I love the stock 15/48 gearing I find it works everywhere.

With the EFM clutch I have gone to 15x46 gearing and could probably go higher still. It will go anywhere at any speed in whatever gear you want to use.

I set my TM38 by holding the carb upside down and setting the floats parrallel to the base of the carb. It worked well at that point but is still a shadow of how well the bike runs with a PWK.

Walt

I think I definately will go up to 15 cs sprocket, give it some more legs. so wallybean whats the deal with a PWK, a simple changeover from the TM or some mods have to be done to get it to fit. I don't have much trouble with the TM, one thing I have noticed with it, is that temp changes have a bigger effect on it compared to other 2 strokes I have ran.

Ndog360,

Find a 39mm Pwk and it is a direct bolt up conversion. The intake end of the carb is slightly smaller than the TM but the intake manifold easily tightens down for a solid seal and support. While you have it off do a port out of the manifold and reed block. You'll be glad you did.

Walt

I adjust mine too .720-.760 from the carb body with the needle just touching the float tang. That it with the carb tilted about 45 deg.

Most Husky TMX's have the float level set too high from the factory and it only gets worse with wear.

Unfortunately the 360 uses a TM not a TMX which is even more archaic than the TMX.

thanks R Little, I will try this first and then I may move to the PWK.

I did not know your bike had a TM carb. I have a TMX on my 250!