Radiator braces would have been a good thing

You never ride with anyone?

Oh ya, I ride with others but we stay back far enough from each other to avoid roost. In most cases there is little roost to deal with on hard packed trails. Sometimes if it's really dusty then we try to ride right on each others back tires in a staggered pattern to avoid sucking in dust. Sometimes it works.

I've said it in previous posts that I disagree with those 2 having good frontal protection. Rocks/roost can go straight into the holes in front. At least the stock louvers (even though mine are not stock) deflect and take the brunt of the hit when roost or rocks are thrown straight on at the radiator. Unibikers are the worst. The grooves are huge not to mention that both are half the thickness as the Moose cages.

Hey mxjosh, which louvers are those they look much stronger than the stock thin ones, my left 1 is crushed up better bad so i'm gonna get a new set also

Wish I knew. Got them off Ebay. I'll see if I still have the box laying around. They are rigid not as flexible as stock.

Cool thanks, i've been trying to locate some aftermarket louvers but i'm have a hard time even finding them anywhere, everywhere i've looked doesn't show anything for the louvers:excuseme:

I have flatland radiator guards on both of my bikes and have never had a problem with damaging a radiator.

I disagree with the statement that they don't provide good protection in the front... but that's just me. the moose guards mxjosh has look sturdy and the stock louvers probably do a pretty good job at blocking roost and rocks and stuff. I can't comment on the thickness of the material used on them because i've never seen a set of the moose guards to be able to compare with what I'm using.

There may be something out there better than the flatland guards... but i've had nothing but good luck out of them for the last several years through quite a few hard hits.

I have a pair of Unabikers on my DRZ, and they have held up well for over 9000 off-road miles. They've saved my rads more than once. My only problem with the Unabikers is that the TT Store drop ships them, and I have been waiting several weeks for them to arrive for my latest project, and the first set I bought took just as long.

Well i finally got my radiator shipped out on Wed., driveing home today i got a call from Mylers saying it was done and ready to be shipped back, so they recieved it/fixed it and shipped back in the same day.

Definitely can't beat that kind of service:applause: it should get hear the same time as my guards and louver so i can be up and running by next weekend, except like my luck goes i'll be on call for work:banghead: