Urgent help needed

I have a 2005 yz250f the bike ran perfectly until I fried the clutch, a part of the clutch damaged the stator. I replaced the stator with one from RM Stator, the bike won't idle and is hard to start. Valve clearance is bang on, compression is perfect, coil is good, the bike is theoretically in perfect order. My question is DOES ANYONE know the coil to flywheel gap? I called the stator makers and they said just adjust the gap smaller but still no idle.

Try an OHM meter and see how much current is coming out of the stator.

Sorry I can't say what the gap is. On my old Triumph it is .008 all the way around the circumference. If you have .012 on one side and .011 on the opposite you can try the middle of those two numbers.

Well to start RM Stator is not a suzuki stator RM Stator is a company that specializes in Stators. Next off the way clutch parts get accross to the stator is rather simple they fall to the magnet at the bottom of the crankcase the magnetic flywheel is fairly powerful which attracts loose metal pieces. Thank you all for your attempts to help. What I now think happened is the flywheel became partially de-magnetized so I'll try a good flywheel and will let you all know what happens.

• 2 years later...