Sign in to follow this  

KX100 maybe, maybe not

Well the plan was to get a 2002 or older KX100. After looking for a month now they all seem to be beat on. I went and looked at two today and I was shocked they were even trying to sell them. The first one needed about $500 put into it without even doing anything nice to it. The other one was also a joke. The guy told me it only had about 6 rides on it. I'm guessing each ride must have been 30 hours or so. LOL The bike looked like it had a lot of hours on it. Then to top it they had a real hard time starting it. I asked him if they ever did the top end on it. He said no it's a great bike, in great shape. Then I asked him to ride it. The clutch was gone on it. Adjusted all the way out and no way to get it in gear. If I can find one nice in the next month or so I will go back to my other plan and get a red stickered bike. Maybe a CRF150r. 👍

Just keep looking. Your wallet will regret a CRF150R and they are not even that nice to ride and tough to start hot. There will be decent KX100's and Rm100's out here. Just be patient. 👍

I have not seen a green stickered RM100. What year did they first come out? I'm thinking maybe 03?

look on ksl.com there is always a kx100 on there it seems, i could even be nice enuff to check it out for you in advance if your serious.👍

JAMRACING21, that's all Utah stuff, I'm in CA.

drumurr, I see a lot of newer bikes, and I could get one of those. Since i live in CA they have that red sticker green sticker stuff. 👍 With the red sticker you can only ride it 6 months out of the year in most places. 2002 or older they are green stickered in most cases and can ride year around. I know, know matter what bike I get it will need a little work done to it. Those that I looked at needed a lot of money put into them. I'm not willing to pay $1,200 for a bike, and then put another $500 or so into a bike that's only worth $1,500 max.

If i could find one that cheap I would do something like that. I have seen a number of 2 year old red stickered bike cheap. I could just change out the part.

hate to hurt your feelings but ive got a 03 rm100 for sale and it IS in great shape! new head, topend, plug, chain and sprockets. I love the bike (very very fast) but i need the money more 👍

hate to hurt your feelings but ive got a 03 rm100 for sale and it IS in great shape! new head, topend, plug, chain and sprockets. I love the bike (very very fast) but i need the money more 👍

They do have a lot of them around here. But again it would be a red stickered bike.

true... if they had those laws around here a whole lot of people would have to walk everywhere they went. ha ha

Gotta agree with what KDXgarage says.

GTH out of Commiefornia.

If even 1/4 of the crap your left-wing radical politicians pulled out there here in the midwest they would be all "walkin' the plank" out of office probably via recall. Red stikker/Green stikker....what a left-wing tree hugging joke.

Here in Michigan we have the absolute best emission testing and safety check program for cars of all the US States....NONE AT ALL !!!!

If it rolls and runs, YOU CAN DRIVE IT as long as you can get insurance....that is ALL that is required here for license plates, which is what EVERY STATE should have.

They wouldn't even think to try that baloney on off-road stuff here.

Best thing that could happen to California is to ban one party and replace them all with radical RIGHT wingers....all the lft-wing nut-jobs would be crying in their soy-milk and sprout coated tofu barf-burgers.