Sign in to follow this  

yet another 200 thread

ok, i read these kind of threads all the time but i never felt they related to me too much. im looking into getting a 200. it would be newer but i have no idea what i want yet. at first i wanted the 200 xcw but lately ive been riding more aggressively and i would like to have a more aggressive style. so now im thinking the xc might fit me. but i ride at a huge gravel pit alot and it would be wide open all the time. so theres where the overdrive 5th and 6th would be great. some info on me. i race harescrambles at c level but im gradually getting better and better. any thoughts?

What about an EXC?

go with xc-w (EXC), if speed is important to you. Modding suspension is easier than modding tranny!

My xc-w is great for that kind of riding, after fork/shock spring swap for my weight (which you may have to do for XC anyway) and slightly revalved forks.

I race at the top of my b class on the xcw in hare scrambles and it works great. No regrets for getting the w version

yea thats probably what ill do. now that i think about it i dont even know if it really makes sense to get the xc. especially since the gears ill be in most of time are the same as the w. and its got the high 5th and 6th. is the suspension that much different. i always hear about the closed cartridge nitrogen system of whatever. is it that much of a difference if i plan on sending my suspension out anyway

they just got the TC forks this year. Before they were all OC, just valved different.

yea ive ridden 2 07 200 xcw's and i loved them. snappy power but also smooth at the same time. and kiwi are you racing your new 144?

i run a 07 200xc and there's so much stuff you can do to them with power and speed wise, but keep this in mine, why not just get a 250xc? you still have an advantage being 250cc 2stroke vs 250cc 4stroke in the 250C class i'm assuming. think about a 250 before you bite into the 200.

i run a 07 200xc and there's so much stuff you can do to them with power and speed wise, but keep this in mine, why not just get a 250xc? you still have an advantage being 250cc 2stroke vs 250cc 4stroke in the 250C class i'm assuming. think about a 250 before you bite into the 200.

i actually did strongly consider a 250 but i think it will just have too much power that i will never use in the woods. and the b250 class is stacked. the kid who gets first in it in my area places up with the aa guys. so i figure i can really work hard these next three years until i hopefully make it to the a200 class and ill have the option of upgrading to a 250 and being in a250. haha and its funny that we both have 05 yz 144's and im going to have a 200 soon

i actually did strongly consider a 250 but i think it will just have too much power that i will never use in the woods. and the b250 class is stacked. the kid who gets first in it in my area places up with the aa guys. so i figure i can really work hard these next three years until i hopefully make it to the a200 class and ill have the option of upgrading to a 250 and being in a250. haha and its funny that we both have 05 yz 144's and im going to have a 200 soon

same thing happened to me, i started out looking at 300s, realized i would never use all the power it had, then looked at 250s, same outcome as the 300s and eventually i found a good deal for a 200, did a bunch of research, and decided it would still have more power than i needed, and it does!

yea ive ridden 2 07 200 xcw's and i loved them. snappy power but also smooth at the same time. and kiwi are you racing your new 144?

i dunno. originally it was absolutely not, ill die, and now im kinda thinking that sounds like fun. it actually can tractor.

same thing happened to me, i started out looking at 300s, realized i would never use all the power it had, then looked at 250s, same outcome as the 300s and eventually i found a good deal for a 200, did a bunch of research, and decided it would still have more power than i needed, and it does!

exactly, look at my sig to see my progression. I ride and race in the woods only. There is no better 2 stroke for that, IMHO, especially for us less skilled guys.

alright now look at it this way, when you get your 200 and your racing, you'll first start to like the power, but then you'll ride it and get faster on it, then it won't be able to give you some of the demand's you need out of and then you'll think about a 250 and why you didn't get one.(i'm going through that stage of withdrawal right now)

alright now look at it this way, when you get your 200 and your racing, you'll first start to like the power, but then you'll ride it and get faster on it, then it won't be able to give you some of the demand's you need out of and then you'll think about a 250 and why you didn't get one.(i'm going through that stage of withdrawal right now)

you know your really not making this easy for me...hahahahha. now im considering a 250. but ive never ridden one. and if its anything like people say it would be a handful

mhmm... 39 HP in a 210 pound bike gets boring. then you need 48 HP in a 225 pound bike 👍 sorry if the HP or weights are wrong, i do my best to remember specs.

there are several A guys running a 200 here, progressing down from the bigger bikes. The issue is between your ears. You are not sacrificing anything to the 250, especially in the woods. Now, if you are racing more open terrain, it makes sense. But, each person is different and has different desires.

If you need more punch out of the 200, send it off to Clay for a little head and cylinder work.