Sign in to follow this  

Some pictures of the riding in my area

I moved to a new area and wanted to share some pictures of the riding near my house here in Southern California that I've been riding every day, maybe some of you So Cal riders will recognize the area.

All these pictures are in the Simi Valley area

003.jpg

This is Grimes Canyon, not five minutes from my house. Kind of like riding down a mini Grand Canyon. Once you get to the bottom of Grimes, it turns into the town of Fillmore.

004.jpg

This is basically how the road is all the way down, about a mile. Great supermoto territory!

005.jpg

I wasn't able to include my bike in very many photos on this canyon because there was quite a bit of traffic going up and down today so I wasn't able to just pull off any where I wanted to, so I ended up parking the bike down the road most the time, then jogging back up to take most of the the photos.

006.jpg

It's definitely hairy at times throughing the Michelin AC10's around on these corners!

008.jpg

014.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

These next few photos are of Balcom Canyon. This one is a bit a longer than Grimes and a bit faster. If you know which turns to take, you can go down Balcom Canyon then through a series of turns and some riding, ride back up Grimes which makes for an awesome ride.

020.jpg

021.jpg

024.jpg

Kind of like riding up a race track

023.jpg

The bottom of the canyon.

029.jpg

025.jpg

There's nothing like riding through the endless orchard roads:thumbsup:

where are the other bikes? 👍

Great area though, even for a DS, just get some more street-able tires for that bad boy!

that looks awesome. over here in Florida everything is flat and straight.

BTW there should be one more arrow, looks like a water crossing or a river/creek after the next hill. looks like a blast either way.

Very nice! Did you try any shortcuts? Here are some suggestions:

:worthy: haha

new1gd5.jpg

👍 thats good.

Nice pics 1999, time 4 a $UMO conversion:thumbsup:

Did you try any shortcuts? Here are some suggestions:

Lol, might just have to give that a try!!👍

I know, I gotta' put some street tires on this thing! The knobbies are wearin' down fast from these roads and I've still got the stock deathwings, so I might through those on it.

Dude, you need some supermoto wheels to really appreciate those beautiful corners 👍

that looks awesome, i wish there was stuff like that in virginia, just woods and hills here. your very lucky.

thas awsome, we have hills like that here but they are covered in trees