Sign in to follow this  

Adopted a little brother for the 650L

I was thinking of buying a smaller new bike, but it seems most of the 250ish size dual sports are not much less expensive then the larger ones, which I'm planing on buying another new 650. probally a DR, so I went on the hunt for a used smaller bike. And I bought this for $400. Its gonna be my cheap, no frills, trail bike for the really narley stuff, the "I'm gonna need a helicopter to retrieve the bike if something goes wrong" stuff. I have riden only the 650 fin the woods for the past several years, and when I first rode the 200, well, it felt like just the rite bike for the job. Besides, I figure maybe, if I leave the 200 and the 650 alone for the night, they'd have something like a 425:ride: Now the 650 has a smaller brother, and all is well.

bikepics-1394805-full.jpg

Its in good condition, has 9,500 miles,just mainly needs consumables(brake shoes, chain sprockets, tires). The rear fender is broke and the chain came off with the po and broke part of the case when the cover bolts, but the bike runs good and fires first kick, and everything except the missing rear blinkers works. I've been enjoying spruceing it up this weekend. I'm glad I found on less than a $1,000, that leaves $ for a new 650. I could'nt see paying $4,500 or more for a new 250 dual sport when some 650's are less than a $1,000 more. Hopefully I'll have it insured and taged, and some fresh parts on it in the next couple of weeks so I can take it for an extended ride.