Dirt Wise Academy of Offroad Riding schools

Offroad motorcycle racing legend Shane Watts has announced the fall schedule of his wildly popular “Dirt Wise with Shane Watts” Academy of Offroad Riding schools.

Watts will continue to travel all over the US for the remainder of 2008 conducting these very informative two day, World Championship winning Instructional classes that continue to receive rave reviews from attending students. More than 650 students have graduated from the Academy since it officially began in July 2007.

Watts stated, “The Dirt Wise with Shane Watts Academy of Offroad Riding is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and improve your skill level with offroad riding situations, whilst in a controlled environment and under expert guidance. The Dirt Wise Academy of Offroad Riding school is an exceptional learning institution that focuses on offroad specific riding situations and instruction, however the skills we teach apply to both offroad and motocross riding/racing.”

“The majority of our students are of the novice and intermediate skill level, however what we teach applies to all skill levels right from the beginner all the way through to the Pro level. We just set up the skills exercises with varying degrees of difficulty according to the skill levels present at each individual school.”

“Our school focuses on increasing bike control which results in a safer, more confident and skilled rider. Ultimately this allows each student, if they desire, to easily ride faster without greatly overstepping their skill limits. Having greater bike control and confidence is the key ingredient!”

Dates are;

September 20-21 Grantsburg, WI

October 3-4 (Friday-Saturday) Meriden, CT

October 5 (Sunday) Meriden, CT - Condensed 1 day school (8am-5:30pm). Cost is $250.

October 9-10 (Thursday/Friday) Lansing, NY (near Ithaca) Cost is $250

October 11-12 Elmira, NY- Sold out!*

October 24-25 (Friday-Saturday) Warrensburg, MO (near Kansas City, KS) - Three spots remaining!

October 26-27 (Sunday-Monday) Warrensburg, MO (near Kansas City, KS)

November 1-2 Denver, NC

November 15-16 Bybee, TN (near Knoxville)

MORE 2008 DATES and LOCATIONS TO BE RELEASED SOON! We are hoping to soon confirm the following schools in Texas (Dallas area) on Nov 21/22, N. Cal on Dec 6/7 & 13/14, and S. Cal over the Christmas/New Year's break.

Please email us at dirtwise@shanewatts.com for further information about these schools and to receive an event flyer to the specific school.

A portion of each student’s tuition fee is donated to the Blue Ribbon Coalition and the RiderDown Foundation.

Visit www.shanewatts.com for more info and to sign up for the periodical “Watts Happening” Newsletter, or to purchase the Dirt Wise Instructional Riding DVD, which covers over 25 different Offroad riding skills and trail situations for the bargain price of $24.95.

We are planning on conducting a Dirt Wise school in Ohio in late spring 2009. An announcement/confirmation won't be made until at least early 2009. Thanks for your interest in the Dirt Wise Academy of Offroad Riding schools.

Shane Watts

We are planning on conducting a Dirt Wise school in Ohio in late spring 2009. An announcement/confirmation won't be made until at least early 2009. Thanks for your interest in the Dirt Wise Academy of Offroad Riding schools.

Shane Watts

I'll eagerly await the announcement/confirmation!!!

A couple fellow riders have attended, and were very satisfied with the instruction. My Japanese friend (on a KLX450R) was quite impressed......

I attended the school in Romney Wv a few weeks ago. I was really impressed. I am just a C class rider but really felt better and more confident when I left. Shane was patient and had a good manor about himself and knew how to really teach. Going into the school I was scared that he would just tell us how it was suppose to be done, show us, and let us do it and move on. This is not the case. He watched us all stoping us induvidualy and telling us how to improve, He never moved on untill we all in the class could do each task. At first the price seams high...But after the first day I felt I had my moneys worth.. after the second day I felt the price was a bargin!! I learned more in a weekend than I had learned in my 15 years of ridding dirtbikes.

I would recomend this to anyone wanting to improve their skills. I will attended again.

We are definitely planning schools in So. Cal around the Christmas/New Year's period at the end of this year. An announcemnet regarding this should be made in a few weeks.

It is too early to confirm dates/locations for our schedule in 2009, but we plan on doing a school close to Seattle, along with another over in lower, central British Columbia. Same goes for Oregon were we had two schools this year.

With Kentucky we are wanting to conduct a school in western KY, while the guys in central/east KY will be catered with a school planned just across the border in southern Indiana

Thanks for your interest in the Dirt Wise Academy of Offroad Riding schools.

Shane Watts

That's a problem with the USA, it's so big and so many people live throughout the country, that it makes it hard for us to try to accommodate a lot of riders out there with a Dirt Wise Academy of Offroad Riding school close to where they live, without them having to drive a decent distance (8 hr.) to attend!

With your case Metman unfortunately you are in the centre of about a 6 hour drive radius to the schools that we may have in your area of the country in 2009. These include Kelowna BC, Twin Falls ID, and somewhere in Alberta. That is not to say that these locations are definite by any means at the moment, they are just possibilities that we will continue working towards and hopefully be able to confirm in 2009.

It doesn't help you much now but we recently conducted a school in Idaho City ID.

We are open to all suggestions of other possible school locations across the US (and world), especially if we can be easily pointed in the right direction of the key ingredients we require for a succesful school; a.) preferrably private land with a nice variety of trail conditions, b.) a strong local/regional riding organisation and base of riders, and c.) the ability to find enough time and spare weekends to conduct a school at all of the possible locations that we have had suggested to us.

Each two day Dirt Wise school essentially is a seven day event for us (averaging 10-12 hours per day) once you figure everything in and total it up; venue negotiation, promotions/enquiries/registrations/notifications, travel and set up, plus the actual school. Doing the schools is an enjoyable time however it is also extremely time consuming.

But please if anyone out there has any suggestions or contact leads for a possible school in your area please contact us through our website www.shanewatts.com and hopefully we'll be able to come to your area real soon and conduct a school. Please don't be offended if this doesn't happen "overnight" though because as mentioned earlier it is a big country out there to try and cover.

Thanks for your interest in the Dirt Wise Academy of Offroad Riding schools and hopefully we'll soon see you at a school or out on the trails!

Shane Watts

I attended the school in Romney Wv a few weeks ago. I was really impressed. I am just a C class rider but really felt better and more confident when I left. Shane was patient and had a good manor about himself and knew how to really teach. Going into the school I was scared that he would just tell us how it was suppose to be done, show us, and let us do it and move on. This is not the case. He watched us all stoping us induvidualy and telling us how to improve, He never moved on untill we all in the class could do each task. At first the price seams high...But after the first day I felt I had my moneys worth.. after the second day I felt the price was a bargin!! I learned more in a weekend than I had learned in my 15 years of ridding dirtbikes.

I would recomend this to anyone wanting to improve their skills. I will attended again.

I agree

I agree ?:worthy::busted:

We have a school in Denver on Nov 1/2 this year, but that is Denver, North Carolina.

The next Denver, Colorado school will be held in the spring of 2009.

Thanks for your interest in the Dirt Wise Academy of Offroad Riding schools.

Shane Watts