Sign in to follow this  

03 KTM 525 EXC resale value

I'm looking at an 03 525 with a Baja kit, plated in CA, 2400 mi. stock bike otherwise. Two owners. The current owner bought the consignment bike from the dealer who said it had only been ridden on fire roads. He only put 400 mi. before posting it on craigslist. Is 3900 too high for a factory KTM which looks nice on craigslist? It's four hours away. Long drive after work. Any help would be appreciated.

ospreykayak:worthy:

since it has a plate it is close on price, I paid $4950 for my 06 with plate from other state, no Dual sport kit just stock lites.

Thanks Mike! You think the price is close even though Kelly Blue Book on the 03 525 EXC with 2400 mi is between 2590 trade in and 3790 retail? Would 3500 be a too low an offer?

ospreykayak:confused:

Thanks Mike! You think the price is close even though Kelly Blue Book on the 03 525 EXC with 2400 mi is between 2590 trade in and 3790 retail? Would 3500 be a too low an offer?

ospreykayak:confused:

just call him up and ask whats the lowest he can go. tell him all you have is 3600 and you can give him 3500 because of gas cost to get down there.

ask him for service records and everything, and if he doesn't have them, sound disappointed.

I know that I listed my bike 300 dollars over what I wanted, 4100(kbb value), and allowed the guy to "talk" me down to 3700, but i didn't give him all my parts, so I ended up getting 4150 total from the bike and am waiting on a guy for another 135 dollar part. so i made out like a bandit

remember, everything is negotiable

you have to decide and a lot of what I would consider is the individual bike, how it looks is big if you know what to look for. The little thingslike worn out chain or sprockets, color worn off engine right side case shows many miles, etc. I would think 3500 or so would be fair if its nice. BUT it has a plate and that can make it worth it too. They are harder to get and some are being taken back by DMV on the newer bikes.

Thanks guys! I got the info I need. Much appreciated. I'm checking out of this post.

Pura Vida

ospreykayak

I was able to get my 04 525 sx for 3800 last year. there were lots of extra parts that came with it then. I would think that 3200-3400 with the parts would be reasonable. that bike is over 5 years old now, so I would imagine you might be able to get a good deal on it. hope this helps a little