Sign in to follow this  

Bought Kientech fuel screw, does not fit?

it does not screw in. It tries to cross thread the carb when you screw it in. I did a side x side comparison and they look identical except for the threading. Itll turn one turn than get tight.

I had to ream the bowl hole to get mine to fit...could this be the problem?

what do you mean ream the bowl?

The screw hole in the bowl is too tight and needs to be opened up to provide clearance for the screw to pass-thru without contacting the wall of the float bowl.

The screw hole in the bowl is too tight and needs to be opened up to provide clearance for the screw to pass-thru without contacting the wall of the float bowl.

so how did you get it to fit? Did you force it in?

so how did you get it to fit? Did you force it in?

No! do not force anything...I removed the fuel bowl to verify that the screw wouldn’t pass thru the bowl hole and it wouldn’t. I believe I used a ¼” reamer to open up the hole…measure the widest part of the screw and use a reamer or drill bit of the next size up to make sure there is clearance. When you have the bowl off you can verify that the screw fits in the carb screw hole to make sure there is no problem with the hole or the carb. If everything fits then reinstall the bowl on the carb and install the screw…set the screw to about 1-1/2 turns as a starting point and you are ready to go. I hope this helps.

No! do not force anything...I removed the fuel bowl to verify that the screw wouldn’t pass thru the bowl hole and it wouldn’t. I believe I used a ¼” reamer to open up the hole…measure the widest part of the screw and use a reamer or drill bit of the next size up to make sure there is clearance. When you have the bowl off you can verify that the screw fits in the carb screw hole to make sure there is no problem with the hole or the carb. If everything fits then reinstall the bowl on the carb and install the screw…set the screw to about 1-1/2 turns as a starting point and you are ready to go. I hope this helps.

that seems like a lot of extra work for something I spent good money on and says it should fit. Maybe Ill try exchanging it, I dont feel like pulling my carb apart and machining arts of it.

Thanks for the help

you have to do this on all old style fcr's. even the stock screw wont fit thru the float bowl hole.

you have to do this on all old style fcr's. even the stock screw wont fit thru the float bowl hole.

really? So the carb bowl was cut to fit the zipty in there?

no,the zipty is so ill machined it fits thru the hole.the proper fuel screw liek the stocker and kientech will not fit thru the hole with out drilling it.

the stock fuel screw was removed after the float bowl was removed.

no,the zipty is so ill machined it fits thru the hole.the proper fuel screw liek the stocker and kientech will not fit thru the hole with out drilling it.

the stock fuel screw was removed after the float bowl was removed.

I see. So use a reamer to make it fit? What is the best way to do it with least chance of breaking something?

remove the float bowl and use a 1/4" drill bit.

alright will do. What about threads. Will the screw make threads or do I need to thread it?

you are not drilling the carb body.just the bowl.

the threads are in the carb body.

ohh I see. Now it all makes sense. Thanks