Will a CR250R engine fit in a CR125R Frame?

The title pretty much says it.i want to put a cr250 motor in my 125 frame.becuz arent the 125 and the 250 the same setup just the 250 has a bigger motor.and if the 250 fits do i just need a differant carb and exhaust?

I wouldnt say its worth it, but if you had the extra cash and were capable of doing it yourself you could.

You would need different gearing, as well as a new back rim/tire for a cr250. 250s run a slightly wider tire, 110-90 instead of 100-90

you will need a different exhaust but i dont know about the carb. you wouldn't need to worry about a new tire. the sprockets might need to be change though. i wouldn't buy a new 250 motor. better off getting a used cr250 thats a few years old for the same price. i agree with britin, not worth it unless your slapping a 500 in it.

Why are you wanting to put a 250 motor in a 125 frame so bad. A yz250 motor will not work. Thats like putting a 454 in to a lotus. 2 totaly different make of bikes. Put a cr500 motor in there i'd rather have more power than i can handle than power that will get boring after a while. a 125 is fun to ride hard hitting powerband and so is a cr500 for the brute power. a cr250 isnt really.

The title pretty much says it.i want to put a cr250 motor in my 125 frame.becuz arent the 125 and the 250 the same setup just the 250 has a bigger motor.and if the 250 fits do i just need a differant carb and exhaust?

No, it won't fit. The 250 frame cradle is bigger than the 125.

JayC