Sign in to follow this  

ON-ROAD insurance

i searched the forums but there is nothing on on-road insurance.

i am going to get a dual sport bike so i can ride it on the streets as well. how much will insurance cost me around?

i was going to get a sports bike but insurance would be over 2 grand a year for a 250cc bike so im hoping that it will be less for a dual sport bike

im 16, have my g1 and m1. the bike will probably be a 2002 drz400.

It will probably be the same. Take a rider training course. Even if you've been riding/racing for years, it will still lower your insurance.

A DRZ for someone your age, first season on the road, as the primary rider will most likely be between $2000 and $2500 a year.

For your demographic the insurance companies just ask; "Lubed or un-lubed?"

Believe me, though, it's all down hill from here.

Good luck.

GOD DAMN IT why the hell does insurance have to be so high. my dreams are crushed. what does luber or unlubed mean?

GOD DAMN IT why the hell does insurance have to be so high. my dreams are crushed. what does luber or unlubed mean?

bend over.

when I was your age I paid 1800 for a 600 sport bike, i just sold my 1000 and I was paying 800.

Call around to every place you can, call everyone in the yellow pages, when you hear anything under 1500, tell them you will pay right away!!!

When I used to get quotes Id even call different agents from the same company, and Id get different quotes. Take a day and call call call!!!!

when I was your age I paid 1800 for a 600 sport bike, i just sold my 1000 and I was paying 800.

Call around to every place you can, call everyone in the yellow pages, when you hear anything under 1500, tell them you will pay right away!!!

When I used to get quotes Id even call different agents from the same company, and Id get different quotes. Take a day and call call call!!!!

yea but you dont live in ontario do you? if i hear someone quote me under 1500 i will be the happiest man in the world but 99% sure thats not going to happen.

Do your quotes include collision and a bunch of extra insurance that you really don't need?

I'm not saying I know much about insurance, but I only have liability and fire/theft on my bike. It helps when the bank doesn't have a lein on your bike.

Do your quotes include collision and a bunch of extra insurance that you really don't need?

I'm not saying I know much about insurance, but I only have liability and fire/theft on my bike. It helps when the bank doesn't have a lein on your bike.

no its just liability, nothing extra.

I live 40 minutes north of Toronto in Ontario. and on my drz400sm I was paying 30 a month.

yea but you dont live in ontario do you? if i hear someone quote me under 1500 i will be the happiest man in the world but 99% sure thats not going to happen.

I live 40 minutes north of Toronto in Ontario. and on my drz400sm I was paying 30 a month.

wow, the lowest rate i got was for a 2002 ninja250 which was almost 2 grand. i decided to take the course this week and buy a motorcycle in 2 years when i have money to pay for it. no bike for 2 years is going to SUCK!