Sign in to follow this  

aftermarket rear brake pedal

i just got an 04 rm250 and the rear brake pedal is pretty worn out. the tip is really loose and the pivot points are worn pretty bad. i found an oem one on motosport for $110!!! i couldn't find one on ebay. do any of yall know if theres an aftermarket manufacturer that makes one for a little cheaper or if anyone has one they'd like to sell get at me.

The bronze bearing (bushing) wears out over time causing the pedal to wobble. I fixed my wobbling brake pedal by going to http://www.mcmaster.com/ and ordering the appropriate bronze sleeve bearing. Using a vise, the old one presses out and the new one presses in. A cheap and easy fix - around $3-4 if I remember correctly.

The loose tip can usually be fixed by building up the worn pin holes with JB Weld. Again, a cheap and easy fix.

thanks man, i'll have to check into that. i fixed the wobbly tip last night by makin a shim and puttin it under the tip, but that bearing is shot.

partswarehouse.com has the cheapest OEM parts I ever found on the net. I ended up with a trick Sunline brake pedal that I like a lot. It isn't cheap and even a few dollars more than oem I believe, but it comes with the bearings, brass collar and a leash

It often pays to shop around.

'04 RM250 rear brake lever:

partswarehouse.com = $104.39

flatoutmotorcycles.com = $91.85

Dunno about shipping, though.

It often pays to shop around.

'04 RM250 rear brake lever:

partswarehouse.com = $104.39

flatoutmotorcycles.com = $91.85

Dunno about shipping, though.

That's pretty cheap! I would have bought the OEM if I could have found this place when I needed it. I'm checking it out now though.

Thanks Uncle A

You're welcome. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them and they're nice to deal with. Their Internet sales guy Chris is very helpful; call him up and ask about availability for obscure parts and he'll look them up.

That's good info right there. I checked out the site and some stuff is really cheap and others a buck less, but still cheaper. Do they Fedex?