whats up with the flaggers at the Nationals???

:worthy: I just watched millvile and im so pissed at these flaggers i mean seriously do you job. I don't know what the hell the flagger was doin when Tim ferry slipped out in the corner but he was behind the sponsor banners!!! ?, and since the flagger had his thumb up his ass Ferry had to let everyone go by since he was about to get stampeded by on coming bikes! and im sure most saw Mike allessis wreck what the heck was that flagger doing, I understand that flagging can be boring but these people need to do their job.

Yay for another thread bashing flaggers, I haven't seen the milville incident but don't be so quick to jump over somebody for a job that you have never done. For all you know they were doing exactly what they are instructed to do

Nah.....I think you might be jumping to take the flaggers side

on this one.

The flagger WAS wrong. I swear, it took him several seconds to

even respond by pulling his flag out. Im not going to sit here

and say "the flagger should have jumped on the track" etc etc.

But Ferry was in a pretty bad spot, and really needed the

flagger to do their job and give a "warning" to the other riders

coming around the corner.

Im getting tired of these flaggers sitting around "watching" the

race like a paying spectator. They need to concentrate on

their section of track and be prepared to respond "as needed'

in order to protect fallen riders as well as the other racers.

?

I dont think it was the flaggers fault so much. The track owners need to make sure the flaggers are put in appropriate places. It seems like they would be more easily seen if they were to the outside of the turn instead of the inside.

Good point too.

You also gotta remember these flaggers are Vollunteers, IMO the AMA should have a set of trained flaggers that travel to the races and get paid for it

That is what I was going to say. It's usually a scramble to get warm bodies for these jobs. Usually it's some guys that want to see the race, but don't want to pay for it. So they volunteer, thinking it's a good way to get in for free.

They get caught up in the race and forget what they are supposed to do.

Want to change it? Go volunteer yourself...

I watched it several times and would have to say that imo TF should have bailed off the track but Im sure he was so pumped up all he wanted to do was get his bike up and bail. The flagger was right there and should have been waving the flag with way more effort and not looking for carnage.

well i see your point about getting right back up but if u watch tim was so close to being hit! I think it kind shock him, and started yelling at the flagger. This summer I got hit by a bike and it ended up breaking my tiba and fiba so I dont blame timmy I blame the flagger they need to do their job

I was thinking the same thing could have taken out another downed rider when Stewart came over a jump and luckily was able to get around the rider and save it. There have been wayyyyy too may obvious issues with the flaggers this year, or maybe more are ending up on TV for some reason. I agree that they need to have a crew of flaggers that are paid and will get out in the track in FRONT of a downed and usually defenseless rider.

I was thinking the same thing could have taken out another downed rider when Stewart came over a jump and luckily was able to get around the rider and save it. There have been wayyyyy too may obvious issues with the flaggers this year, or maybe more are ending up on TV for some reason. I agree that they need to have a crew of flaggers that are paid and will get out in the track in FRONT of a downed and usually defenseless rider.

That was a breath away from a serious accident:eek: