Sign in to follow this  

WR250F or CRF250X which is best

I am going to purchase one of these bikes and I would like some feedback on what would be my best choice the WR250F or the CRF250X. I trail ride and also ride motocross tracks jumping and all that good stuff.

I don't know all the details about performance or handling, but I do know that the WR has a computer and looks a hell of a lot nicer:thumbsup:

If I were you I would copy this thread into the "YZ/WR250f" and "CRF250X" sections.

I have always been a Honda fan that is the only kind of bike I have ever ridden starting at the age of 4. A few years ago I wanted to upgrade from my xr350 to a new bike. I went and looked and the crf450 and while I was there I looked at the Yamaha just for fun. The Yamaha seemed really nice I liked the little computer it came with. So I came to thumper talk and read about both of them and everyone seemed to say that the WR was a lot more reliable. I didn't want to have to worry about spending $7000 on a bike and have issues with it so I went with the Yamaha and never looked back.

Brian

I'm pretty sure that out of the box the WR is all corked up and restricted, but the CRF is somewhat of an animal right out of the box. If you do the free mods to the WR it will be pretty much be the same as the CRF, but the WR has more top end. But the CRF has a bit more torque and low end, I think.

I know that the WR is 5 - 10 pounds heavier, but I don't know if that'll make much of a difference. Personally, I went with the Honda and it's a beast, I love it. And I think Honda fixed the valve problems on the 06's and up.

Either one is a sick bike.

If you ride the track, forget both of these bikes. Look into the CRF250 or the YZ250F, or any 250 F, for that matter. They'll buch lighter, correctly jetted from the factory, and have stiffer suspension.

My vote for WR250F...it gets stuck great! LOL

IMG00385.jpg

Seriously though my riding partner has the Honda and they are both great bikes. Hard to imagine going wrong.....The trip computer on the WR is a nice touch though....