SS exhaust valve springs?

alright i was talking to a guy and he rebuilt his bike with SS valves but only put the ss valve springs in for the intake valves, he said the SS exhaust valves are fine on stock springs is this true? and if so is it ok to put the old springs back in? or will my valve clearence move because of the old springs?:thumbsup:

stock exhaust valves are steel. You shouldn't use OEM springs. And never re use old springs when putting in new valves.

When putting in new valves make sure you get the guides checked and seats cut. If the seats aren't cut your new valves will not last. You want as a minimum seats cut, new seals, valves, and springs. Cotters and retainers are nice to also replace, retainers can also wear.

With the exception of reusing springs is Ron Hamps spring kit, you would want him to check the spring pressure on the springs, they may still be okay to use again because they are some really good springs.

might as well go the distance and put in new springs on the exhaust too. i did the valves in my bike, put kibblewhites in it. only thng i didnt replace are the cotters, which were fine. had 4 seats re-cut for $57 cdn, what did everyone else pay?

alright so for a valve rebuild i need to order valves, springs (spring kit has retainers and keepers) get the seats cut and maybe get new guides, anything else im missing??

Just need 4 new valve seals. Only one more thing, does the valve spring kit you are getting come with the spring seats. They are the metal things that go in the bottom of the head that the springs sit on. The kit may re use the stock ones, or it may come with some.

Just be sure you do not loose the stock ones/have them fall out of the head. The machine shop will probably remove the spring seats and give them back to you in a bag. So do not forget about spring seats. Whether you re use stock or use the ones that may come in the kit.

the kibblewhites come with guides also. worst thing about it is you have to buy it all at once, you cant get just intakes or just exhaust. or springs without valves.

Just need 4 new valve seals. Only one more thing, does the valve spring kit you are getting come with the spring seats. They are the metal things that go in the bottom of the head that the springs sit on. The kit may re use the stock ones, or it may come with some.

Just be sure you do not loose the stock ones/have them fall out of the head. The machine shop will probably remove the spring seats and give them back to you in a bag. So do not forget about spring seats. Whether you re use stock or use the ones that may come in the kit.

if you are going to get kibbles do not rip there valve seals... oem valve seals do not fit inside of the inner spring, if u do rip them good luck finding them.. i called kibble and they wanted me to buy another valve and spring kit just to get the seals.. horrible customer service as well.. i would only look into ron hamps stuff if i were to run anything other then oem

the kibblewhites come with guides also. worst thing about it is you have to buy it all at once, you cant get just intakes or just exhaust. or springs without valves.

i never received guides with my kibblewhite kit.. nor had the option to