Sign in to follow this  

up and down idle?? Helps

:thumbsup:

Greetings all! I have been reading here off and on for a while this is my first post :worthy: . Anyways I have 2006 CRF450X and I did both the baffle removal and air box mods and it runs so much better. Here is the snag I did adjust the fuel screw and idle after doing these two easy mods. When I come to a stop sometimes my idle will creep up semi high like i am giving it gas and sometimes it idles just perfect. When i start riding again even on easy take offs it will dip back down to normal. I'm sure this is just something very easy to fix but being that I am a noob to anything on a dirt bike I blame me for not knowing what to do or where to start to correct this. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated thank you in advance! Do I have the fuel screw out too far?

:thumbsup:

Greetings all! I have been reading here off and on for a while this is my first post :worthy: . Anyways I have 2006 CRF450X and I did both the baffle removal and air box mods and it runs so much better. Here is the snag I did adjust the fuel screw and idle after doing these two easy mods. When I come to a stop sometimes my idle will creep up semi high like i am giving it gas and sometimes it idles just perfect. When i start riding again even on easy take offs it will dip back down to normal. I'm sure this is just something very easy to fix but being that I am a noob to anything on a dirt bike I blame me for not knowing what to do or where to start to correct this. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated thank you in advance! Do I have the fuel screw out too far?

-if you did air box and baffle mods without a jetting change, your problem is overheating and leaness: you need to re-jet as you are way too lean with stock jetting. Get a JD Kit.

-fuel screw should be between 1 and 2.5 turns out, no more.

-'hanging idle' as it is known is usually pinched throttle cables, or dirty throttle tube, or:

- dirty pilot jet

- loose throttle slide plate on slide

- cheap/bad/watered gas

Follow Krannie's advice. If those suggestions don't fix it, then read on:

It could also be the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) being out of adjustment.

Make sure the throttle slide (trolley) is allowed to rest in the fully closed position without any tension on the throttle cable. the throttle cable should be ever so slightly loose when the throttle spring returns the slide and throttle tube back to the idle position.

If the TPS is not adjusted properly, it will fight the slide position, giving erratic idling behavior.

Read this link:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469401

Follow Krannie's advice. If those suggestions don't fix it, then read on:

It could also be the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) being out of adjustment.

Make sure the throttle slide (trolley) is allowed to rest in the fully closed position without any tension on the throttle cable. the throttle cable should be ever so slightly loose when the throttle spring returns the slide and throttle tube back to the idle position.

If the TPS is not adjusted properly, it will fight the slide position, giving erratic idling behavior.

Read this link:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469401

Good one!