CRF150R Expert or KX100

I am 13 5' 2" and 130lbs. I like to ride trails and open fields. i need power down low and up top. Any help is appreciated.

speed wise there about the same. trail abilities are close. the only thing to consider is looks (crf looks miles better). Do you have a bike now? if so, what bike?

either one, the 150r may take a little more maintenance. the 150 has a lot of bottom and will probably need to be rejetted. :thumbsup:

I have never owned a bike. I have ridden bikes before. I don't want a beginner trail bike because I will have to keep the bike for awhile.

The red one is about a grand more than the green one.

Get a Kx100.

I've had both in the big wheel version. I'm 34, 5'-7" 140 pounds. Both 75%-trails & 25%-track. I much preferred the Honda. Very good manageable power all the way through its range. The KX like many MX bikes are very pipey. In the woods, the KX's throttle felt like an on/off switch. Maintenance is maintenance regardless of 2 or 4 stroke. If you ride them, they will need maintenance. On that note, both the KX & CRF were very reliable.

Get the 150...not quite as much top end but definately enough

I also have both (unfortunately) I have had the KX100 for 5 years and did alot of stuff to it to make it more woods friendly. I believe on the top end the KX will outrun the 150. In the tight woods the 150 will eat it's lunch. For the type of riding I like to do (tight woods, hillclimbs and general trail) the 150 is a much better fit. I am still adjusting to the 150, but have decided that the KX is going to be the one to go. I love both bikes but for different reasons. I do not do any track riding so that was not a consideration for me. I hope this helps.

On trails, at age 13, you'll outgrow the KX100 in no time at all. I'd opt for a CR125 or likewise machine.

On trails, at age 13, you'll outgrow the KX100 in no time at all. I'd opt for a CR125 or likewise machine.

Very true...the 125s power delivery also makes it easyer to ride than 2 stroke minis but it still has about twice the power

Uh, I dont know whose 125's you're riding but they definitely do not have 2x the power of an 85. Last time I looked the 85's put about 18-20@ the wheel & the 125's were in the high 20's to low 30's. A good rider on an 85 can turn lap times that are not too far off of what he/she would do on a 125.

Maintenance is maintenance regardless of 2 or 4 stroke.

Actually the maintenance is radically different between a CRF150 & a KX100. The KX would be a lot easier to maintain than a 150 & if you should happen to blow one up the 2t rebuild is much easier & cheaper than rebuilding a 4t. Both are fun little bikes & you cant really go wrong with either.

Uh, I dont know whose 125's you're riding but they definitely do not have 2x the power of an 85. Last time I looked the 85's put about 18-20@ the wheel & the 125's were in the high 20's to low 30's. A good rider on an 85 can turn lap times that are not too far off of what he/she would do on a 125.

i ddnt mean it literally...sorry

Honestly, your choice should depend on your riding style. Can try out some friends bikes? Try both a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke, even if the 4 stroke is a trail 4 stroke. The idea is to feel the power delivery and determine what you'd be more comfortable with. There is a large difference between the 2.

You can get a super cheap KX100 ($1200) and put a heavy fly wheel on it. I hear they make fantastic trail bikes for half the purchase price and half the maintenance price of a 150R! They make good low end power and maintenance costs are minimal.

I love my 150R, both track and trail. In my experience though, neither the KX100 nor the 150R like to "putt." They are much happier screaming.

You are 13 yrs old and already 130lbs. I think you'll out grow a mini bike pretty quick. What if you bought a cheap 4 stroke trail bike just to learn on? You can buy them cheap and then sell them for as much or more than you bought them for.

Otherwise, if you're dead set on a mini bike, seriously, try both types out before you jump on getting one. Let us know what you end up getting! Have tons of fun! I'll warn you know, its extremely addicting! :thumbsup:

My family is very short so i will not grow a ton. My parents say i will be 5' 10'(max).