Pro riders with drug problems?

i cant remember the guys name, but i saw a video of him from a while back, i think he was from italy or something...he was an amazing rider but got addicted to pain killers due to an injury and things went downhill for him...

I agree, what kind of drugs? EPO,roids, meth,crack? I think alcohol and pot should be in a seperate catagory, I don't consider them"performance enhancing" that being said, pain killers,crack,meth,H and such will not "enhance" a riders performance during a race. Just ruin their life eventually.IMO. So it looks to me like maybe 3 different catagories of drugs. I don't personally smoke or drink Anymore At all, but don't care if you do.

Is anyone else picturing RC in his trailer getting high in between motos??? Leaning back on his couch, eyes closed over and him making motorcycle noises??? :worthy::busted::blah:

Not that he would ever do that in a million years, because he definitely has more respect for himself, wife, kids, and the sport than to do something that dumb and risk losing it all... ?

I know quite a few pros/ local pros who do smoke weed reguraly. It doesn't affect there riding and it is a good way to relieve all the stress they have. It is a personal choice that they make to do that and it is not affecting anyone around them. So no, I do not think the AMA should enforce drug tests.

I know quite a few pros/ local pros who do smoke weed reguraly. It doesn't affect there riding and it is a good way to relieve all the stress they have. It is a personal choice that they make to do that and it is not affecting anyone around them. So no, I do not think the AMA should enforce drug tests.

Dude put your flame suit on. seriously. I said the same thing about Lawrence and everyone jumped down my throat. I also know about local pro's smoking weed, its not a big deal to me and just about everyone else. But too some people he is a bad person and is going to hell because he smokes a blunt with a couple of buddies after a long day.

Is anyone else picturing RC in his trailer getting high in between motos??? Leaning back on his couch, eyes closed over and him making motorcycle noises??? :worthy::busted::blah:

Not that he would ever do that in a million years, because he definitely has more respect for himself, wife, kids, and the sport than to do something that dumb and risk losing it all... ?

:D I'm sorry, I was just picturing that in my head, the part about eyes closed making bike noises... that's funny.