Pro riders with drug problems?

I will not name names, but I know a pro who is a habitual drug user. Is this something that is common or that others have noticed? Should drug testing be enforced in AMA racing?

In 2006 some riders had drug problems and they made them lay'em down or they couldnt race. So yea pro riders have drug problems.

i cant remember the guys name, but i saw a video of him from a while back, i think he was from italy or something...he was an amazing rider but got addicted to pain killers due to an injury and things went downhill for him...

i have a drug addiction its called riding :thumbsup:

i dont kno how the top level athletes of our sport can go pollute their bodies with chemicals and god knows what and go ride hard for 40 minutes

Im just gonna say "NO comment."

Im just gonna say "NO comment."

:thumbsup: just the word cypress almost gives it away right there, unless it has some other meaning:excuseme:

No kidding the question is what drugs are you talking about? Are you talking about like steroids to get better at riding or did he just talk about smoking a fatty after a hard day or riding?

Id also be interesting in what KIND of drugs we're talking about here. I mean hard drugs are one thing, but smoking a lil weed after a long day is considered doing drugs:excuseme:

Pro riders are under alot of stress and pressure, i suppose they have to relieve it somehow. =\

I agree, what kind of drugs? EPO,roids, meth,crack? I think alcohol and pot should be in a seperate catagory, I don't consider them"performance enhancing" that being said, pain killers,crack,meth,H and such will not "enhance" a riders performance during a race. Just ruin their life eventually.IMO. So it looks to me like maybe 3 different catagories of drugs. I don't personally smoke or drink Anymore At all, but don't care if you do.

Is anyone else picturing RC in his trailer getting high in between motos??? Leaning back on his couch, eyes closed over and him making motorcycle noises??? :worthy::busted::blah:

Not that he would ever do that in a million years, because he definitely has more respect for himself, wife, kids, and the sport than to do something that dumb and risk losing it all... :thumbsup:

I agree.

I know quite a few pros/ local pros who do smoke weed reguraly. It doesn't affect there riding and it is a good way to relieve all the stress they have. It is a personal choice that they make to do that and it is not affecting anyone around them. So no, I do not think the AMA should enforce drug tests.

i have a drug addiction its called riding :thumbsup:

riding isnt a drug lol

Pro riders are under alot of stress and pressure, i suppose they have to relieve it somehow. =\

I bet I could find someone to help me get rid of that stress....

hmm...im not sure what to say. they have their personal life.

I know quite a few pros/ local pros who do smoke weed reguraly. It doesn't affect there riding and it is a good way to relieve all the stress they have. It is a personal choice that they make to do that and it is not affecting anyone around them. So no, I do not think the AMA should enforce drug tests.

Dude put your flame suit on. seriously. I said the same thing about Lawrence and everyone jumped down my throat. I also know about local pro's smoking weed, its not a big deal to me and just about everyone else. But too some people he is a bad person and is going to hell because he smokes a blunt with a couple of buddies after a long day.

Is anyone else picturing RC in his trailer getting high in between motos??? Leaning back on his couch, eyes closed over and him making motorcycle noises??? :worthy::busted::blah:

Not that he would ever do that in a million years, because he definitely has more respect for himself, wife, kids, and the sport than to do something that dumb and risk losing it all... :thumbsup:

:D I'm sorry, I was just picturing that in my head, the part about eyes closed making bike noises... that's funny.

Lol, speaking of drugs its 4:20.