Keep getting flats??

I have had to replace 3 tubes in the last 2 months. The valve stem keeps getting torn/sliced where it meets the tube. Could it be rubbing where the stem goes thru the rim and cutting it? I was going to go rider last week , pulled the bike out and noticed it was flat. I put air in and i could hear it leaking. Then when i wiggles the valve stem it would get louder depending on which direction i wiggled it. This is starting to piss me off......I run the rear tire at 12-14 psi, and always make sure the valve stem it tight.

Check your rimlock(s), some of the stock units aren't that good. Be sure to get the correct size if you replace it. Also make sure the rim isn't flared out at the rimlock.

DO NOT tighten the valve stem nut. This will tear the stem if the tube rotates slightly.

No doubt, don't tighten the nut. Might not hurt to switch to heavy duty tubes if you haven't.

Yeah,make sure your not tightening that stem nut all the way,back it out a ways your stem cover will keep it on ,I leave mine out about haif way between rim and stem cover.good luck.

I always make sure the stem nut is loose, and not even touching the rim.

Check to make sure the rim lock is the right size!!! When working at the bike shop I replaced a guys tube about 4 times (1 ride a tube) before really looking into it... Ended up it had a 1.6 (front) rim lock in the rear of a 1.85 rim!!! FROM THE FACTORY!!!

Also Like already said, dont tighten the nut, I always finger tighten it up to the valve cap. You will know if the tire is spinning on rim by the stem tilting one way or another

I have had to replace 3 tubes in the last 2 months. The valve stem keeps getting torn/sliced where it meets the tube. Could it be rubbing where the stem goes thru the rim and cutting it? I was going to go rider last week , pulled the bike out and noticed it was flat. I put air in and i could hear it leaking. Then when i wiggles the valve stem it would get louder depending on which direction i wiggled it. This is starting to piss me off......I run the rear tire at 12-14 psi, and always make sure the valve stem it tight.

Your tire is spinning in the rim. You either need a rim lock, a new rim lock or you are not tightening it enough. The best way to keep an eye out on rim/tire slippage is to never tighten the jamb nut on the valve core down. After its all aired up, put the cap on and run the nut upward towards the valve cap, not towards the rim. In fact, you can even leave the nut off. I leave it on, only because its nice to have it when feeding the tube back in and holding it in place. This way, you can monitor rim slippage. Look at the valve core stem. Does it start to look crooked? If so, its slipping. If you dont catch it, it will eventually tear right out near the stem. IF you tighten this nut down, you wont be able to detect when the tire is slipping. To realign the stem, I just set the bike on a stand, air it down, loosen the rim lock, pop the bead loose from the rim (usually just use large channel locks and squeeze the tire) and once the tire is loose from the rim, I will poke my long tire iron through the rim on top of the swingarm and roll the wheel around till its jambed in the wheel tight and hitting on top of the swing arm and spokes. This will hold the rim still. Now grab the tire and roll it. It will slide and you will see the stem square up. If for some reason, the rim lock isnt holding anymore, get a new rim lock. They can bend inwards (collapse) and no longer be able to clamp the tire to the rim.