Which one?

My girlfriend decided she wants to try riding, so we went to the dealer to see what bike she fits her best. We found that the CRF80 was about the perfect size and weight for her. So we started looking on craigslist and these are two we might want to look at I just wanted some opinions from you guys and gals. Is there any benefit of going with the newer one besides the looks?

Here is the first one

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/mcy/805555464.html

and the second

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/mcy/808737037.html

Thanks,

Brian

Whichever starts easiest, the easier it starts the less you will have to kick it and the more fun she will have. My wife kicks over a DR350 fine (after it has been warmed up) at the start of a ride but about an hour in I need to start kicking it.

Look at a ttr110. It has e-start and kickstart, no clutch, and still a pretty powerful motor. If you don't want to spend $1800 to get the ttr brand new, then I would choose the second 80 on your list.

We were really liking the idea of the ttr110 until she sat on it the bike only comes up to the middle of her thigh and she is only 5' tall. I don't know why Yamaha makes there bikes so small it's annoying.

Out of those two, i would definately go with the second one. Looks likes its been ridden least hard, but its worth it to check both out in person and see the starting condition etc.

We were really liking the idea of the ttr110 until she sat on it the bike only comes up to the middle of her thigh and she is only 5' tall. I don't know why Yamaha makes there bikes so small it's annoying.

If not the ttr110 then maybe the ttr125e or ttr125le. I know this bike has clutch, but it is fun to ride and easy to learn on. You could get a tall seat and handlebars for the ttr110 to make it feel bigger.

Well we ended up getting the 02 we went and looked at it today after work and it looks like it is brand new. I felt the engine to see if it was warm before I started it and it wasn't but it started on the first kick. I then rode it through all the gears and everything worked great including it's drum brakes. I asked if he would take $900 but he said no he would not take less than $1150 offered him a grand and he said no thanks. So I was like well that is all I brought and he said well you can send me a check for $150. I decided it was still a decent deal and agreed to that. I just went to a cash machine and got out the rest and brought it back to him though. When I came back with the rest of his money he said meet me in the garage and I'll let you pick out something out of my riding gear I am getting rid of. I looked through what he had and ended up taking home a pair of alpinestar tech 8 boots that were like brand new that fit me perfect. I know they are not the best but they fit me good and I needed new boots anyway.

Brian