Sign in to follow this  

Experienced CRF Power Fiends Please Respond

Is anyone willing to come out and say plugging the crankcase breather line at the intake boot gave a noticable power or throttle response improvement?

The theory being you're not reingesting hot air. On the flip side what about losing the benefit of engine intake actually reducing crankcase/valve cover pressure with it connected. The theory being the intake would reduce pumping pressure allowing more unrestriced rev.

Before answering please re read the title and note the word "experienced".:thumbsup:

there is power to be made out of proper pcv taking out the plug and hooking it to a breather will add power and taking breatherline off intake boot will cool the incoming fuel & air i have done it to my hd

I did it on my 08 with the mdk breather. I took the small gray piece that sits inside the air boot put some 1st stage air filter foam in there and then fitted it to the breather tube. I plugged the airboot with the supplied piece so now I don't have any hot air entering my airbox and I have a filter for the breather I'll post some pics of my setup tomorrow.

the horse power gain is academic, maybe noticeable to a sensitive dynamometer. The increased pressure in your crankcase could cause oil seal failure. There is the added benefit of not pulling engine vapors through your carburetor, because who wants gunk in their carb. I think you will get similar performance gains with one of those new front brake reservoir covers with your name and # plate anodized into it.

I think you will get similar performance gains with one of those new front brake reservoir covers with your name and # plate anodized into it.

Bwah ha ha ha!!!!!! :thumbsup::worthy:

the power is minimal but it's still low end HP

I have tryed it on my bikes in one instance we seen .2 hp on the dyno inother cases nothing

I say go with the name engraved-the engraving removes material, so it will be lighter. And since the savings is all up high on the bike, it will be better in roll situations. Probably jump better, too. :thumbsup::worthy:

How about the anodized brake reservoir cover? With or without your name on it??:blah:
I say go with the name engraved-the engraving removes material, so it will be lighter. And since the savings is all up high on the bike, it will be better in roll situations. Probably jump better, too. :busted::D

ha ha ha!!!!:worthy: Wait............... should I feel bad for laughing??:thumbsup: