First hare scramble pics...

Ran my first hare scramble yesterday and all that I heard was true. it was very physically demanding and suggestions such as the baby powder and the icy-cold cream worked well...

My 6 year old ran the kids portion and came in first in his class after the leader (a very good rider) had mechanical problems with his KTM 65. The conditions were all wet and all mud on a very tight course that went for .5 mile on an mx tract followed up with 2 mile laps in the bush trails.

Taking it easy I entered the bush trail last out of 12 riders I quickly learned that this means you get to help people stuck in front of you but there is nobody behind you to help you lol. I later learned that the organizers determined after 1 lap the conditions were too wet in the bush and the riders were instructed to finish the 2 hour course on the MX track. This was determined just as I was getting stuck near the end of the bush lap...hilarious.

IMG00384.jpg

The course was like this for most of it.....hilariously difficult (at least for me).

IMG00385.jpg

My final resting place until the quad came and winched me out....

DSC01316.jpg

Finally got out and ran one lap on the mx track before time was up....

IMG00383.jpg

My 6 year old after his 60 minute run...

It was a great experience....can't wait to try again (and keep on the throttle through the mud)....

Man, that looks awesome. I can't wait to ride in my first harescramble. I see what you mean by saying the conditions were too muddy.

haha

that mud would eat my 125

good job

and tell your son good job too

that's some intense mud you got stuck in.....where was the race held? My wife is from Manitoba and I have ridden there at shadow valley, Altona mx track, and at a few tracks at peoples farms. I know how thick the ruts and mud are when it is wet in manitoba!!

Yeah that mud was crazy...The race was held North of Winnipeg about 30 miles....

I'm glad I could help you out with the tips. I've been in a few races like that before, and they are definitely the kind of races that could blow your bike up.

I'm a decently fast rider, and I was in a race in March like that. It took a lot of us an hour to do what normally takes 25 minutes. I over heated my bike 2-3 times that race.

I can't wait for you to have a race that isn't a mud fest, you'll love it.

Thats really cool, I want to race hare scrambles. where I live they dont hold any though...

that mustve been one helluva race

JJesneck....the tips were great...I passed the icy-hot one on to some other guys whose arms looked a little limp...lol

I do look forward to trying this in some dryer conditions. The race was well run and given the crappy weather that day it was well attended. An effort was also made to make it a family event with kids events, bbq, etc.

Thats really cool, I want to race hare scrambles. where I live they dont hold any though...

You need to do some looking around on the web. You have a very competitive district series in Ohio and plenty within driving distance. I will even be coming up from TN to a few of yours this fall/winter. Also check out the Kentucky Hare Scramble Series. All over Kentucky which is not far from anywhere in Ohio.

where north of the peg was that . I used to ride along mb. n. dakota border in the pempina valley

The closest town is Gunton...up HWY 7...Pembina Valley area is very nice...

You need to do some looking around on the web. You have a very competitive district series in Ohio and plenty within driving distance. I will even be coming up from TN to a few of yours this fall/winter. Also check out the Kentucky Hare Scramble Series. All over Kentucky which is not far from anywhere in Ohio.

Thanks for the info.:thumbsup: I also need to get a new bike, I love my DR-Z to death, but It's just to heavy for any competitive stuff:cry:

Looks super fun! good Luck!

Reminds me of the practice from the AMRA WeBe Monticello race!

you will like riding there ,awesome country lots of shale , clay and dirt the river riding is fast. We used to ride there when it was raining out.if you look in the results I rode with A few of these guys ,In the masters Reg Wiebe,Ed Hoffarth,Carl Hoffarth, In the vet A Karl Ingulsrud , AA Jeff Hoffarth . they are all very good riders. We all rode together every weekend rain or shine for a lot of years . Have fun