How to make a wooden ramp?

Well, I won't be able to get to the track or trails very often, so I have decided that I am going to build a wooden ramp. I live in a neighborhood and my friends and I build dirt ramps in our gardens every fall, but our parents always make us take them down to plant their gardens.:thumbsup: So my dad is taking me to lowes today and I am going to buy a bunch of plywood. I was thinking about making it 6' long by 2' wide, but I don't know how tall it should be. Also, should the take off and landing ramps be set at 30 degrees? Is there anything else I should know or consider before building my ramp?

idk, but make sure you make the ramp curved. not just a straight peice of plywood set up at 30 degrees on 2 2X4's

theres a web sight that sells wooden fmx ramp plans for like 15$

fmxschool.com

those are probably to big but could give u an idea i guess:excuseme:

idk, but make sure you make the ramp curved. not just a straight peice of plywood set up at 30 degrees on 2 2X4's

Why does it have to be curved? To shoot you up instead of far?

Also, check out the FMX section.

Well, I won't be able to get to the track or trails very often, so I have decided that I am going to build a wooden ramp. I live in a neighborhood and my friends and I build dirt ramps in our gardens every fall, but our parents always make us take them down to plant their gardens.:D So my dad is taking me to lowes today and I am going to buy a bunch of plywood. I was thinking about making it 6' long by 2' wide, but I don't know how tall it should be. Also, should the take off and landing ramps be set at 30 degrees? Is there anything else I should know or consider before building my ramp?

:thumbsup::worthy: I'm thing about doing the same thing so if/when you build one could you tell me what you did? :busted::blah:

Well, I won't be able to get to the track or trails very often, so I have decided that I am going to build a wooden ramp. I live in a neighborhood and my friends and I build dirt ramps in our gardens every fall, but our parents always make us take them down to plant their gardens.:thumbsup: So my dad is taking me to lowes today and I am going to buy a bunch of plywood. I was thinking about making it 6' long by 2' wide, but I don't know how tall it should be. Also, should the take off and landing ramps be set at 30 degrees? Is there anything else I should know or consider before building my ramp?

you should post this in the photo/vids and see what other people have. yea i want a ramp out of wood. i got wood from my neighbor for free saying im building a birdhouse...and he gave me big things of ply wood...big bird house:excuseme:

1. Get supplies

2. Nail wood together

3. ????

4. PROFIT!!!!

1. Get supplies

2. Nail wood together

3. ????

4. PROFIT!!!!

Now thats funny:eek:

Credit goes to Miniracer88 at planetminis.com :worthy: . These designs are for a full scale comp. ramp. It doesnt give you a step by step how to build only the dimentions :thumbsup:. Wood or steel ramp.

"just scale down the numbers, i made mine 5 feet high, the pic is for a steel ramp but i have wood and steel ramps. be creative my fmx ramp is 3 feet 7inches wide and you can do a mad wip off it!!"

-miniracer88-

aussiecompplans.jpg

When you scale it down you need to scale down the tranny too.

I was thinking of making more of a tabletop, not a fmx ramp. I don't like flat landings. This ramp is going to be an expensive one though. We went to lowes and everything is going to total out at $65.

A wooden kicker with a pile of dirt for landing. I wooden table top is going to really suck having to move. It's one thing to take off on wood, it's another to land on it. I don't think it will hold up very well to landing.

I was thinking of making more of a tabletop, not a fmx ramp. I don't like flat landings. This ramp is going to be an expensive one though. We went to lowes and everything is going to total out at $65.

A wooden tabletop? It Would be huge. Not very practical or easy to move around like Breeze said. I'm gonna make one to a step-up on a little hill I have and I might make another for the backyard. I gotta get plans for a landing or just get a pile of dirt. My dads a contractor so he can get the materials and help me build it.

I was just thinking tabletop because I am tired of breaking my back building and taking down a dirt ramp. what I could always do is make the tabletop and put dirt over it to make a huge ramp.

Yes. Then the middle cave in and have a huge double.

Yes. Then the middle cave in and have a huge double.

dont forget the landing caving in too. Then you're back to square one with just a kicker. Do it right the first time, and DONT make a wooden landing.

My friends and I gathered some extra wood around the garage today and make this ramp in about an hour. I don't have any close up pictures but we get a decent amount of air off of it(and that is in first gear).

DSCN1203.jpg

DSCN1207.jpg