How to make a wooden ramp?

Well, I won't be able to get to the track or trails very often, so I have decided that I am going to build a wooden ramp. I live in a neighborhood and my friends and I build dirt ramps in our gardens every fall, but our parents always make us take them down to plant their gardens.? So my dad is taking me to lowes today and I am going to buy a bunch of plywood. I was thinking about making it 6' long by 2' wide, but I don't know how tall it should be. Also, should the take off and landing ramps be set at 30 degrees? Is there anything else I should know or consider before building my ramp?

Well, I won't be able to get to the track or trails very often, so I have decided that I am going to build a wooden ramp. I live in a neighborhood and my friends and I build dirt ramps in our gardens every fall, but our parents always make us take them down to plant their gardens.:D So my dad is taking me to lowes today and I am going to buy a bunch of plywood. I was thinking about making it 6' long by 2' wide, but I don't know how tall it should be. Also, should the take off and landing ramps be set at 30 degrees? Is there anything else I should know or consider before building my ramp?

?:worthy: I'm thing about doing the same thing so if/when you build one could you tell me what you did? :busted::blah:

Well, I won't be able to get to the track or trails very often, so I have decided that I am going to build a wooden ramp. I live in a neighborhood and my friends and I build dirt ramps in our gardens every fall, but our parents always make us take them down to plant their gardens.? So my dad is taking me to lowes today and I am going to buy a bunch of plywood. I was thinking about making it 6' long by 2' wide, but I don't know how tall it should be. Also, should the take off and landing ramps be set at 30 degrees? Is there anything else I should know or consider before building my ramp?

you should post this in the photo/vids and see what other people have. yea i want a ramp out of wood. i got wood from my neighbor for free saying im building a birdhouse...and he gave me big things of ply wood...big bird house:excuseme:

Credit goes to Miniracer88 at planetminis.com :worthy: . These designs are for a full scale comp. ramp. It doesnt give you a step by step how to build only the dimentions ?. Wood or steel ramp.

"just scale down the numbers, i made mine 5 feet high, the pic is for a steel ramp but i have wood and steel ramps. be creative my fmx ramp is 3 feet 7inches wide and you can do a mad wip off it!!"

-miniracer88-

aussiecompplans.jpg

When you scale it down you need to scale down the tranny too.

I was thinking of making more of a tabletop, not a fmx ramp. I don't like flat landings. This ramp is going to be an expensive one though. We went to lowes and everything is going to total out at $65.

A wooden tabletop? It Would be huge. Not very practical or easy to move around like Breeze said. I'm gonna make one to a step-up on a little hill I have and I might make another for the backyard. I gotta get plans for a landing or just get a pile of dirt. My dads a contractor so he can get the materials and help me build it.

• 3 weeks later...