Suspension Work

hey guys, its time to get my seals done and im thinking of getting it set up aftermarket while i have the forks apart. what all do you think i should do to make it handle better. i am light (125-130lbs) but i like my suspension hard, i actually ride much better with it stiff. what does everyone suggest i should do to make it corner better and handle brake/acceleration bumps and all that good stuff better?? thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Here is what I recommend getting put in.

1.61 kg Factory connection pressure springs in forks

0.42 kg/mm fork springs

4.8 kg/mm shock spring

Factory connection high speed compression dampening spring mod for shock.

All of that will really improve your suspension for you. I am about 130 lbs and have the same mods in my bike, except the pressure spring is a 1.76.

If you want even better suspension, get Dave J's 215.VM2.K5 oils put in. If you do not want to do that, check out the Maxima Racing 5 wt fork fluid and Maxima racing shock fluid light 3 wt.

Make sure you change your shock oil as well.

thanks alot! where do you think i could get all this?

You can get all of the springs from Factory connection.

Maxima oils can be found at your local dealer.

DaveJ's special oils have to be ordered from him. www.smartperformanceinc.com

Dave also has his Dell Taco mid valve kit that he is just finishing up for the showa forks, that kit will really make your suspension as good as it can be.

so is this the kind of thing that you send your forks in to get done or should i get someone from around here to do it? i know someone who will do my seals but ill have to ask about getting springs and valves. i dont want to bring my forks to a shop around here though because they will charge waaaayyyy too much to get them done.

Someone that does seals, should be able to do your shock oil and fork spring swaps...

If you want to do the Taco kits:

Putting in Daves Taco kit is a little more complex than just seal change. You would have to ask the guy that is doing it for you if he has done something like that before.

If not you would have to send it off to Dave - he built the kit so would know how to put it in. Or someone else reputable.

ok i talked to the guy and he will do valving, springs, seals, oil and everything set up for my abilities and weight. thanks again!

Just talk to Dave J down at smart performance and get the oil and Dell taco stuff ordered up!

ok well the guy that i was talking to said he will order everything up himself that would be best for me. one question though, what advantages does a re-valve have? should i dish out the 245 bucks to get it done or would it not be worth it?

ok well the guy that i was talking to said he will order everything up himself that would be best for me. one question though, what advantages does a re-valve have? should i dish out the 245 bucks to get it done or would it not be worth it?

Getting your bikes suspension set-up correctly is very important, so yes you should spend the money on getting it revalved. They will set it up for your riding weight, ability, etc so it will be almost perfect for you.

alright, i told the guy that i want it re-valved. once school starts ill get it done because i wont be riding during the week. now comes the fun part....waiting........