Sign in to follow this  

changing all oil....need help

Shell Rotella T 15w40. Or any good quality diesel oil.

Change it often. You should be changing your oil after every ride/ one to two hrs/ one tank of gas. Oil filter every 10 hrs.

With rotella T you can actually afford to change your oil as often as it is needed.

for example, I rode 5 times in this last week :worthy::busted::thumbsup: Changed oil 5 times, at 1.4 L a oil change that is 7 L of oil. 7 times 3.50 = 24.50. (cost of rotella went up here in Canada). That would be about as much as one oil change would cost with a premium synthetic :blah:

where do you guys get your rotella?

I found it in Walmart in the gallon jug only, Was hoping for a 5 gal bucket but no luck - and all the auto parts stores charge an arm and a leg for everything

I get mine at wallmart in the 5 gallon/20L pails. If you don't see it there, check back again later, or ask someone if they have any in storage.

When buying it in bigger quantities (the buckets) you can get a slightly better price.

Rotella just went up a little bit here in Canada. It is now about $70 after taxes for a pail of oil.

I run the Shell Rotella T 5W-40 Synthetic in both my engine and tranny. I put in 800cc's in each. I have an '05 CRF250R. No problems, bike is holding up well. I purchase it at Walmart.

MiMafia17

I read a post on the 450 page that said Rotells synthetic is only 1-10% synthetic. I went to Shell's web page and looked at the MSDS for it and he is right. SHELL ROTELLA SYNTHETIS IS REGULAG OIL with a small % of synthetic. This information is on their own web page. I have been running it in the trans of all of our bikes but keep 100% syn in the engine.

Wow, every hour...thats rediculous. I ride for more than an hour at a time so what would I do? I'm not going to stop 5 times during a 5 hour day of riding and change my oil.

Use PRO-HONDA oils. Better safe than sorry. The PRO-HONDA stuff is specifically made for the bike too.

what do you all use as a measuring device?

I just use a measuring cup.

i use this thing you can get at wall mart, its a funnel with a top and its big and has all different measures on the side...and it has a on off vavle so you can filll it put it on then turn it on

Wow, every hour...thats rediculous. I ride for more than an hour at a time so what would I do? I'm not going to stop 5 times during a 5 hour day of riding and change my oil.

seriously, way overkill.