Details on SHOWA Dell Taco Kits

Okay...so it's going to be a few days before I finish up the instructions and software for the SHOWA Dell Taco kits, but till then, for those that are ready to roll, here are some photos and a sample build sheet.

These kits are very different in how the spring is pre-loaded so don't count on the KYB process.

More to come.

This is the contents of the Showa (Non-08 CRR) Dell Taco Kit.

Kit%20Layout.jpg

This is how the base valve assembly comes together.

SHOWA%20Non-8%20Photo%20Build%20Chart%20Base.jpg

And this is how the mid-valve comes together.

SHOWA%20Non-8%20Photo%20Build%20Chart%20Mid.jpg

SAMPLE%20BUILD%20SHEET.jpg

Note that not all SHOWA forks have a bleed stack.

:thumbsup:

Very cool! :thumbsup::worthy:

Just let me know when I can get mine :busted:

Awesome! :thumbsup:

How much is this going to be?

What's the spring rate of s-175 & #3 springs?

Awesome! :thumbsup:

How much is this going to be?

I already have them for all the Showas except the 08 CRRs.

The kit is $59 for the Showas, the KYBs are $32.

What's the spring rate of s-175 & #3 springs?

The 175 is 18N, or shall I say that’s the spec on it.

The #3 is just a standard KYB check plate spring. Don’t know the rate, and don’t really need to.

Engineering something?

I already have them for all the Showas except the 08 CRRs.

The kit is $59 for the Showas, the KYBs are $32.

hey do you have anything going on or any kits for non TC KYB's like on a 03 yz250?

If I had a similar spring sitting around, I was going to throw it in a fork and run it on the machine.

i love this black work bench :thumbsup:

Hi Uwe,

are you going to import those goodies of Dave to Germany ? Or do i have to order them direct from Dave ?

Rergards,

Hagen

I should get it to Germany if Dave is still interested. pm you

I should get it to Germany if Dave is still interested. pm you

Yea...if you don't mind...that would help.

Just a quick note.

On the SHOWA Dell Taco kits, the pre-load on the spring is determined or set using two options.

The first option is the use of the 11x1.43x6 washer.

The second option is the use of 3 to 4 of the 6x.30x11 shims (without the 11x.1.43x6 washer).

If you look at Step 4 (in the second of the two sets of photos) you’ll notice that super-model suspension dude is holding both of these two options, thinking to himself…,“Do I feel lucky”?

Well…luck has nothing to do with it.

If you’re running off-road and/or up to Novice MX, and/or you’re a super light rider with need for cushion, option 1 is best.

If you’re a slightly crazed full-throttle junkie, or you hit just faster than Bruce Lee, then option two is best.

The stack also plays a big role in this whole thing but I’ll have some answers on that in the near future.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the update... Let me know when the kits are done.

I don't want the forks to be too soft for me, because I think the OEM valving is working pretty good at the moment in my `08. I think I may go with option 2 with 3 of the washers. :worthy:

I hope you have a good set of instructions so I know how to properly configure the valve stack :thumbsup:

Dave why not do some tuning with the Base valve? That way you could retain what blow off the mid has with the first option. With the second option you'll only have around .3-.4mm more float than stock.

Dave, any updates on the 08 CRF showa Dell Taco kits?