Sign in to follow this  

06 yz450f jetting question

my 06 yz450f has all the stock jetting and needle clip position

it has a 13:5:1 piston and a DMC exhaust, boyesen accelerator pump cover. i live in arizona so its very hot and dry.

what should i do to change the jetting, i believe its running lean. misses at full throttle.

any help would be great thanks everyone

• Like 1

i pulled the plug and it looks like it just came out of the package. no soot or anything.

i rode for an hour with no problems, then on my way back home i got on it and it stumbled like it was running out of gas, but there was plenty.

how should i jet it for the mods?

i noticed that the fuel hose was touching the cam cover, the fuel hose is clear and i saw bubbles coming up.

the stock jetting should be fine for high compression? j/w i want to make sure its tuned right

Eddie

I have read many posts on the '06 YZ450 and the appropriate jetting; just so I am clear, what is it?!

My current: 48/170, stck needle/clip, FS @ 2.5, Boyeseen QSA, FMF Megabomb. I have not had it on the track yet, but it seems to blast up & down the street w/ no hesitation on snapping the throttle in neutral.

Prior was the stock 42/165 - bad decel popping and bogging when revving.

I've read that the 45/165 is also good (warmer weather)? I'm in SoCal; anywhere from 500~2200 elev.

Thanks!

Hi mate

could it be the airfilter? Bubbles are not too bad as long as they are not staying 'till the Swimmer chamber. Warm Gasoline gets a better Gas mixture I believe.

regards

Arnego2