Effects of YZ timing on WR without cam change

Are there any negative effects on a WR with the YZ timing without changing out the cams?

worn out rear tires! falling off the back of your bike! going too fast! might not stop riding your bike for a while!

What year is your bike?

Wow:thumbsup: , I've read a couple of different threads that said the YZ cam and the WR were the same. I've done the change. I did notice the ability to lift the front end a little more in the mid range. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt doing anything to damage my bike. Thanks:ride:

Wow:thumbsup: , I've read a couple of different threads that said the YZ cam and the WR were the same. I've done the change. I did notice the ability to lift the front end a little more in the mid range. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt doing anything to damage my bike. Thanks:ride:

your bike is an 01 or 02? the auto decomp won't allow you just to spin the WR exhaust cam to YZ spec.

the Grey wire and throttle stop are miraculous mods

What year is your bike?

i thought the decomp nipple prevented this mod for newer models..?

wouldnt it open the exhaust port at the wrong point?

i thought the decomp nipple prevented this mod for newer models..?

wouldnt it open the exhaust port at the wrong point?

Exactly... The newer model WRs' auto decompression becomes TOO much auto decompresson if you change to YZ timing. Although, it is possible to grind the auto decompression nipple down to the YZ cam's nipple height and yes, then, the WR cam can be switched to YZ timing. However, if you ever wanted to go back to WR timing, you would have less auto decompression.

Keep your eyes open for somebody selling their YZ cam. There seems to be one or two for sale every so often. It seems to be common practice for some yahoos to immediately sell their stock cams after they buy aftermarket cams.