Can I do that? ( electrical question )

First I have to say that I`m a total noob with electrical things.

I`m getting sick of the candle lightning of my headlight and I don`t want to die hitting a dead racoon on the road so I`m looking to install fog lights to help a little bit. I already have heated grips and I want to know if the bike can run 2 extra 130w ( example ) fog lights?

thx in advance

You could try an HID kit which is generally better and uses less power IIRC.

try rewiring the headlight harness i made a thread

well I did an bulb upgrade. I don;t have the oem headlight but an acerbis I think. It comes with a 35w h6m bulb and I did an h4 conversion but it`s not like I want. It glows everywhere but not on the road. I really want to add fog lights.

I`m getting sick of the candle lightning of my headlight and I don`t want to die hitting a dead racoon on the road so I`m looking to install fog lights to help a little bit. I already have heated grips and I want to know if the bike can run 2 extra 130w ( example ) fog lights?

From what I've read the DRZ-S/SM electrical systems only puts out 200 watts. So, no, I wouldn't recommend adding 260 watts in lighting.

Buy a headlight relay kit from Eastern Beaver, and get a Hella 80/100w bulb from your local European Autos parts store. That will only add an extra 25 watts of load, but should give you significantly better lighting.

(I haven't done this on a DRZ--yet--but I have to other bikes.)

Oh, and check the FAQ for the "Free Power Mod".

It is not recommemded to add more than 50 watts total load the the DRZ electrical system. No, you can't add 260 watts.

But the bulb and relay upgrade is a good solution. I would at least do the relay plus you may also need to upgrade the ground return wires. A volt meter is an essential tool to check for voltage at the headlight and upgrade wires as needed to reduce voltage drops in the wires and connections. You want at least 13 volts at the headlight. The "free power" mod is also a good idea althought that is basicly just for the battery. Power distribution after the battery is not improved by "free power". That is where heavier wires and relays can help.