Sign in to follow this  

Tokyo Mods 10 map ignition???

My son rode the 250 today and he was saying that the Tokyo Mods ignition only has two positions...you can select "1" or "10". Does this sound right? It's called a "10 map ignition", it should have 10 maps...right? He said the switch says "1" and "10", with nothing else. :thumbsup: I read on the web site about it, but it doesn't really go into to much detail.

This is frustrating to me since I'm not there to see it. I need to talk to the previous owner when I get back...anyone with experience with this ignition???

there is either dip switches or a rotary style switch on the cdi box itself that you can adjust. The handlebar switch just toggles between map "A" and "B"

there is either dip switches or a rotary style switch on the cdi box itself that you can adjust. The handlebar switch just toggles between map "A" and "B"

OK, that makes a little more sense, thanks. I don't know if we got any paperwork with it...I doubt it though. I didn't see anything on the web site that explained what the maps were or how to dial them in...anywhere you know of online that explains it?

I searched the web some more still no luck on finding any material on the module. I really need some paperwork on this thing so I can figure out what each switch position means... I saw some ads for one called a "vortex x10" which reads identical to the Tokyo Mods X10...is it the same thing? And the Tokyo Mods web site has no email address to contact them(?) Had to edit...can't write "double you tea eff"...LOL.

Another thing that's bugging me...why would the bar switch say 1 and 10? Why not A & B, or even 1 & 2? 1 and 10 just seems odd.

Another thing that's bugging me...why would the bar switch say 1 and 10? Why not A & B, or even 1 & 2? 1 and 10 just seems odd.

It reads map 1 and map x10. You can not change the map 1, it is the programed, i guess you can call "stock" map. The x10 map is the one that you can choose from the 10 different maps. x10 is the name of the ignition box.

I have the sheet that has all the different maps, ill PM them to you tomorrow.

• Like 1

It reads map 1 and map x10. You can not change the map 1, it is the programed, i guess you can call "stock" map. The x10 map is the one that you can choose from the 10 different maps. x10 is the name of the ignition box.

I have the sheet that has all the different maps, ill PM them to you tomorrow.

OK it's all getting clearer now. A sheet with the maps would be awesome, THANKS!!! :thumbsup:

ignition maps? someone enlighten me....ha. what do they do? ive seen on the honda sight itll say new ignition maps for 08 ect. does it just change the time the spark is well...sparked?

yea the other switches between 1-10 are on the bottom of the CDI... I have one on order for my 04 crf250 can you tell me what you thought of it?