Sign in to follow this  

Easton EXP bars on a Honda

Yesterday I bent my stock Renthal handlebars on my Honda. Ive been looking at the Easton EXP bars and from what Ive read they are great. I searched the msg board for info on them and I just noticed one person that had a problem with them not mounting correctly.

Anyone with that rides a Honda CRF250/450 use the Easton bars? Just want to know if they mounted easy and if you like them.

i am wondering too, they make one mean hockey stick ie: the easton synergy, and i would love to help them out in the motocross industry by buying one of their bars. I dont see why they wouldnt fit properly tho.

i have a set for my yz but havent mounted them yet. the only reason i could see them not mounting properly is if this person was using clamps for something like a ProTaper or a Renthal Fatbar or something of that size....the Easton EXP bars are actually larger, they are 1 3/8" so unless he didnt get the right clamps i dont see what problems there could be

i am wondering too, they make one mean hockey stick ie: the easton synergy, and i would love to help them out in the motocross industry by buying one of their bars. I dont see why they wouldnt fit properly tho.

I disagree about the Easton Synergy being a great stick. Ive been coaching my son since he was a mite, and now he is going into his 2nd year bantom, and he has snapped afew of those overpriced sticks.

At $170 plus that stick should be more durable. Hes a defenseman and he bangs. The stick cant take it. It would be a great stick if he just posed with it.

one premature broken stick, Id say oh well lets get a new one. two premature broken sticks and Id say whats going on here? three, four later, change sticks. too bad though, it does have a great feel.

My point being I hope the handlebars are more durable. but they are pretty

The thread I read the person had a 07 RMZ250 and the bolt was the wrong length or something. Thats the only problem Ive seen on them and I'm sure it would be a easy fix.

I might just end up ordering them tonight. I'll give them a try and post my thoughts. Ive never riding with a tapered bar so hopefully my first set turns out good :thumbsup:

They're over rated... why is Boost mobile the ONLY one running them if they are so great? Save the money and just go with the first over sized (1 1/8)!

^^^ I can't comment on what one is better since Ive never had a set but Easton designed the Pro Taper bars...

Right you are Kent, but is the 1/4" larger bars better/worth the extra dough... No! other than the bling factor.

disagree about the Easton Synergy being a great stick. Ive been coaching my son since he was a mite, and now he is going into his 2nd year bantom, and he has snapped afew of those overpriced sticks.

At $170 plus that stick should be more durable. Hes a defenseman and he bangs. The stick cant take it. It would be a great stick if he just posed with it.

one premature broken stick, Id say oh well lets get a new one. two premature broken sticks and Id say whats going on here? three, four later, change sticks. too bad though, it does have a great feel.

My point being I hope the handlebars are more durable. but they are pretty

well that is unfortunate that it breaks so easily, but easton does make a very wide range of sticks and they do have some models that are more durable than others. Is he using a senior stick? if not he should prolly move up and also let him try the stiffer flex ones like a 100-110 flex, thats what i use and once u get stronger and used to the flex u can really rip some slapshots. The new easton synergys and the stealth has held up great for guys on my team so maybe u just got unlucky.

I mounted my Exp's last night and it was by far the best bar system that I have ever used. I used to used the Pro Taper clamps and bars but they always took more work to get perfect. The Eastons bolted on and where perfectly straight. Super nice parts.

I've had my eyes on these as well for my 450X. Still running the stock 7/8 renthals and never really cared for the bend.

As for the 1 3/8" over a 1 1/8"... there is more surface area for the clamps to grab. Less chance of the bars rotating. I can't think of another reason that would make it better than any other 1 1/8" bar.

I've had good luck with Easton carbon fiber and aluminum mountain bike parts. I use CF bars and seat post and an aluminum stem. Survived my abusive 225#s.

I really want to give these bars a try too, but I'll need to machine my own top clamp so that I can still use my Scotts stabilizer.

Thus the hesitation in my purchase. So for now the Renthal Twinwalls are staying on the big XR.