Sign in to follow this  

Upper Nestucca Labor Day Weekend?

Just wondering if anybody will be out there over the weekend? We will probably go...we'll have a tan Suburban, two yamis, two ktms. My wr has Thumpertalk fender stickers.

but if theres no fire danger then it might be worth the travel, i heard theres really good riding

it's not closed anymore, and we've had rain :thumbsup: it's raining now, my track turned into snot!

Just wondering if anybody will be out there over the weekend? We will probably go...we'll have a tan Suburban, two yamis, two ktms. My wr has Thumpertalk fender stickers.

which area are you staging out of ?

I'll be riding there for the first time this weekend with my girlfriend and another guy. It'd be cool to meet up with some people who know their way around a bit. What day were you guys planning on riding?

We'll be in a silver Toyota Sequoia pulling an enclosed trailer. Margie will be on her KDX220, my buddy will be on a new CRF250X and I'll either be on a KDX or a CR500.

is evaryone and there mother gonna be up there since its labor day weekend? or is nestucca a bit more chill compared to the tillamook riding spots

im either goin to nestucca or trask on labor day weekend or the week after...still gotta get my stuff together

It'll be busy, but it wont be Brown's Camp busy. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

I plan on going up Sunday with my wife to put in some miles. Blue Explorer w/ enclosed trailer. YZ250/CRF150

Hi again!!! yeah, even when UN is "crowded" it's nothing like Brown's Camp :thumbsup: it's always quiet!

At this point we're looking at Saturday for the day, but now waiting to hear if we need to do a job that day ;0( I will keep posted, thanks for all the replies!!

crashing sux, do you know how to get up there?

I'll be heading up for a couple hours either Sunday or Monday. Still trying to find a gravel only route from my house without hitting gates.

My friend and I will be going there on monday for the first time, are the directions in the w2r guide good or is there something else I should know, what staging area do you like the best. We wouldn't mind going on a ride with somebody who has been there before we are intermediate trail riders. Will be driving a black 95' ford f250, kxf and ktm bikes are there any trails in particular we shouldnt miss?

Hi again!!! yeah, even when UN is "crowded" it's nothing like Brown's Camp :thumbsup: it's always quiet!

At this point we're looking at Saturday for the day, but now waiting to hear if we need to do a job that day ;0( I will keep posted, thanks for all the replies!!

crashing sux, do you know how to get up there?

I'll be doing Saturday as well. I don't know how to get there yet but the friend I am going up with Saturday has been there before. That's if he doesn't bail but even if he does bail on us Margie and I will make it up there. We ride rain or shine no matter what happens.

-Shane

Still trying to find a gravel only route from my house without hitting gates.

Which where are you coming from? we go all the way out Peavine to Gopher Valley Road, then turn right and it goes up to Elk Flats. At least it's worked so far (disclaimer--this route follows logging roads and if you get lost don't complain :thumbsup: the first time we tried to find the way we took a VERY detailed map).

I usually go up Baker Creek and then hit the pavement right at the resevoir. I think I found a route last night that will put me right between Elk and Grassy without hitting pavement.

Hey guys, well it turns out we're not able to go to Nestucca tomorrow:cry:. I really appreciate everyone's replies, and hopefully you all can get together this weekend for some great riding. Conditions should be perfect :thumbsup: Have an awesome time !!!!:worthy:

ya my powder coating is gonna take 2 and a half weeks:eek:

but hey, im only payin 60 bucks:thumbsup:

i was gonna take out to JD's powedercoating but....this is a steal.

but i might be going to nestucca next week, to bad ill be riding our 225:thumbsdn:

I made it up today but didn't run into anyone but some quad riders who didn't know their way around any better than I did. I loved the terrain, clay with lots of roots but I could not find a trail longer than two minutes without ending back up on the road. I ended up on a few marked trails but they were also amazingly short, too bad I didn't take a map with me. Every time I took off on a trail in 10 minutes it seemed like I was back at the parking lot. I did find a couple of really cool hill climbs. One of them was just a minute or two away from the parking lot, basically sitting right off the side of the road, there were a couple of gravel piles and then this beautiful climb that was ridiculously steep and had a nice turn 2/3rd of the way up it.

Good fun, but I need a guide next time, unless there really are no trails longer than a mile long there.

-Shane

Where there no maps or map board at the staging area? which one did you stage at?