MRD exhaust

Anyone notice a difference using the MRD quiet core? my MRD is so loud that I mite have to get rid of it... after a season I pulled it apart to check the packing and it looks fine.. so I want to re pack it anyway and try the quiet core before I buy a new exhaust.. Anyone try this? :thumbsup:

I am going to order the procomp series soon.Do you like it other than its too loud?(theres no such thing).I hope when you say too loud you mean that it doesnt meet the ama db standards, not that it hurts your ears.

At first it was ok.. out racing with 100 other bikes maken noise its ok ..but at my private practice track with maybe 3 bikes on the track its CRAZY loud ..

mrd rocks.....

I ran the MRD for almost 2 years and think its great.. just seems to be loud as hell when the packing still looks like new :thumbsup: when it was new it was loud but not like this?

try the pro comp spec pieces. It makes the pipe a very reputable noise level I think. the regular mrd is too loud in my opinion.

pipes should be repacked every 20-25 hrs.

try the pro comp spec pieces. It makes the pipe a very reputable noise level I think. the regular mrd is too loud in my opinion.

pipes should be repacked every 20-25 hrs.

Can you update your pipe to the pro-comp spec? I gotta call Dave and ask.. love the pipe just have to bring down the db a little..... last time I repacked a pipe it was 2 stroke and it looked like it needed to be repacked .. does 4 stroke bike packing not get all blown out ? could it look fine and be bad?

yes you can update your pipe. You get a tapered core, resinator end cap and some fresh packing with it.

Dave is also working on a larger diameter muffler so it can hold more packing so it will be quieter.

I think 4stroke packing can look fine but be bad. Fresh good quality packing will make the bike quieter.

yes you can update your pipe. You get a tapered core, resinator end cap and some fresh packing with it.

Dave is also working on a larger diameter muffler so it can hold more packing so it will be quieter.

I think 4stroke packing can look fine but be bad. Fresh good quality packing will make the bike quieter.

Thanks I will call him tomorrow..

Dave at MRD is the man... he sent out the up dated end cap and tapperd core + packing today I will let you guys know if its quiets it down alot ..