[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

RED TO BLUE swtich ?

alright i have a crf250 and i think i want to go to a yzf250 for different reasons what do you guys think about that.. good switch ?

no no i will still have 4 hondas in the garage lol but i guess i am a traitor but i need reliability because im hard on equipment

alright i have a crf250 and i think i want to go to a yzf250 for different reasons what do you guys think about that.. good switch ?

no:bonk:

I dont know personally how reliable Hondas are,but ive heard about tons of valve trouble. But i do know how reliable the yamahas are. Id say it would be a fair switch if your thinking about upgrading bikes. If your just switching to switch then no.

no thats why im switching because of valves and a new bike would be nice. how are the valves on the Yamahas ?

all around where i live we have 02, 04, 05, 06 yamahas that get ridden hard and that get ridden lightly. Either the case, they have all lasted a long time for all of us riders, and have had zip engine problems

well they sound way more reliable than a honda my best friend owns a 250f and 450f and they get riddin as hard as my honda does but they said they never touch a valve on them

on the 250s.. u will have some work on the bike.. basic maint.. 95% of the time you wont touch the valves.. change the timing chain 1 a year to keep it fresh.. change the air filter and change the oil.. all u got to do to keep these bikes runnin..

my 02426 still has its original valves. with over 200 hours on it.. stock pistion.. never even touched the valves unless to check the clearance..

well my best friend has a 250f and 450 and they ride as hard as me and they claim to never never touch a valve on there bikes im used to the NORMAL maintence but this valve stuff on the hondas i cant deal with no more

dude, i just did the same thing that your planning on doing, best move Ive ever made, the yzf is just amazing, totally trashes my crf everywhere, it fits my riding style absolutely perfectly. The reliability record of the yzf's is why I actually bought the bike. This is actually a little funny cause your in the EXACT position that I was in a little over 2 weeks ago. I went blue and im never going back

no thats why im switching because of valves and a new bike would be nice. how are the valves on the Yamahas ?

There are 5 valves

well my best friend has a 250f and 450 and they ride as hard as me and they claim to never never touch a valve on there bikes im used to the NORMAL maintence but this valve stuff on the hondas i cant deal with no more

What kind of valve stuff can you not deal with anymore

Have heard that those two strokes don't have valves. They oughta last a while or two. :thumbsup:

If you like your CRF and it does you fine then I wouldn't off it for fear of it grenading on you. There's enough people that ride CRFs problem free. If there weren't how could Honda continue to sell them year after year??

just the constant checking and shimming and re doing valves , my buddy never even checks his and hes had his 250f since 2004