Sign in to follow this  

Need a xt600 motor

Been training out in the woods on the big thumper and stuff keeps going wrong. first, was out climbing a decent hill when the chain skipped and cracked the tab off of the alternator cover and a little bit of the block with it! tried JB welding it, silicone, o ring, but it is right where the return line for the dry sump system is so it always leaks. so every couple miles or so i fill er up and head out. only thing is, the bike doesnt develop oil pressure so it is always knocking. now today my new maxxis tire splits the freakin oil tank on it!:thumbsup: seems like there is always something wrong with this thing.

anyways, does anyone know anyone parting one out or looking so sell one? the bike runs cherry and just honed and put a new wiesco piston in it so all i really need is a complete block. if anyone could help me out that would be great. thanks:thumbsup:

well i guess i can't complain much, bought the bike for 200, and have about 300 into the piston, tire, chain and sprokets, and guides/rollers for it. do you think training on this bike is good or should i get a lighter bike? to train on? it seems when i get on my buddys 06 KTM 2 stroke i can fly, but with this bike its hard controlling it even for me who is 6' 4" and 240 lbs. another friend says training on this will be good for me in the long run.

Pay no attention to nutcase's babbling. LOL (Just kiddin' nutcase) Actually those Yamaha 600 engines are a good stout piece. Unfortunately it sounds as though you have one that has not been well taken care of and may be nothing more than a money pit. You might want to think about getting something else. And to agree with nutcase, an XR would be a good choice. There's a bunch of them out there and tons of aftermarket parts available for them.

I HAVE A MOTOR THAT IS SITTING IN MY GARAGE. IT DOES NOT HAVE THE INTAKE MANIFOLDS OR THE CARB. IT ALSO IS MISSING ONE METAL CLUTCH PLATE THAT I USED IN MY OTHER MOTOR.

THIS WAS A RUNNING MOTOR THAT I RAN FOR ABOUT A YEAR AFTER I GOT THE BIKE. IT RAN WELL WITH NO NOISE. VERY GOOD COMPRESSION AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS ON IT.

I AM WILLING TO PART WITH IT. GIVE ME AN EMAIL AT NJEVANS@COX.NET.

I ALSO HAVE MANY OTHER PARTS THAT I WOULD BE WILLING TO PART WITH AS WELL.

THANKS

JACK

Jack, I might be interested in your TT600 engine if jeepcj75 isn't. Bruce