03 Ktm 125

Right now im looking at a 03 KTM Sx 125, Dont know much about KTM, but ive always liked them, and they just seem like there a good ride. Right now I have an 01 Rm 250, I love it but its just to much for the tight woods riding I mostly do. Anyone wanna shed some light the bike?, Thanks

its a good bike , but I would think the 250 you have is better. If it had a flywheel weight, geared right and jetted to smooth out the power, it should work better than the 125.

Mike is right...you will most certainly miss the torque that RM makes down low if you get the 125. Stick with the 250 and learn to ride it right... :thumbsup:

You Guys are probly right, i always have second thoughts about getting rid of it. Right now this is the set up, 13 Tooth front, 52 rear, No FFw that i know of, so i guess what ever stock is, than thats what it is. Pro Circuit pipe and Pro Circuit silencer. I also has excel rims and Factory Connection suspension, but that wont tame it down for the woods.

I ride a 2004 KTM 250 SX in the woods...if I can tame that down through my riding style a bit, I certainly think it's possible for you to step it down with your RM.

Lug it around more, and ride it like a 4 stroke. When in tight woods, I ride a gear higher and it helps immensely. :thumbsup:

I ride a 2004 KTM 250 SX in the woods...if I can tame that down through my riding style a bit, I certainly think it's possible for you to step it down with your RM.

Lug it around more, and ride it like a 4 stroke. When in tight woods, I ride a gear higher and it helps immensely. :thumbsup:

Yeah that is true, we will see what happens, Right now The KTM isnt looking good, Im looking at a Raptor 660 and a Yz 250F

Yeah that is true, we will see what happens, Right now The KTM isnt looking good, Im looking at a Raptor 660 and a Yz 250F

WHAT!!

A quad!!

Before you do anything try a FWW and jetting. I went from a WR 250F to an exc 250. Would never go back. You need to realize you are ridding a MX bike in the woods. It needs some work before it will work right. Might even try a Gnarly pipe also.

If I can ride my CR85 in the woods, you can ride an RM250, unless you are like, 5'6" 145lbs. Mine is equipped with a FWW and it is jetted a little leaner so it doesn't hit as hard.

Well i looked at a raptor, to trade my bike, but it was junk, so now im looking at a yz 250 four stroke. I would have liked the ktm 125 but he never emailed me back, i also had a few offers for yz 125s and rm 125s. I like riding the 250 cuz of the room, Im 6'3 So the 250 fits. I just dont like the length of the bike and i pretty much cant get out of second gear in alot of the trails. Power bands hard to keep up too