'09 KLX250S - Who's Trimmed The Rear?

Anyone got any pics on what they've done to the rear-end to clean it up a hair?

I'm thinking of breakin' out the Dremel and touching up w/ some sandpaper; that thing's kinda LARGE... :thumbsup:

That is the only thing keeping me from liking the 09 Klx250s lol

Is it similar to the 07's?

I just removed it on my 07 and made up a bracket for the plate..

dirtyridin3.jpg

Much better

Looks like you had fun, but something like that won't really work. Big beefy tail light with signals attached to the whole housing. Yours does look good though; lovin' the pipe!

I trimmed off the ugly tail that hangs down like a donkey dick right below the license plate and it looks much better.

I trimmed off the ugly tail that hangs down like a donkey dick right below the license plate and it looks much better.

LOL Good Definition!!!

Post a picture!

haha, donkey scrote! haha.. yeah, I just checked a pic of the 09.. I see what you mean.. That is kinda ugly - and doesn't look you have too many options!!

What about ordering an 06/07 rear fender then doing what I did? It looks very clean and mean that way...

unbolt your plate mount , turn it upside down , center it , move it up as high as it will go on the rear fender , mark the new holes , drill and trim.

p1010033.jpg

p1010034.jpg

p1010035.jpg

That looks pretty good, i wouldn't mind seeing some more drawn back photos to see how the bike looks. How did you manage to unbolt your baffle from your exhaust. I thought they welded them all in now, or did you put on an old one?

cousin larry, what turn signals do you have on your machine? Are they DOT approved?

That looks pretty good, i wouldn't mind seeing some more drawn back photos to see how the bike looks. How did you manage to unbolt your baffle from your exhaust. I thought they welded them all in now, or did you put on an old one?

KLX300R head pipe and muffler.

cousin larry, what turn signals do you have on your machine? Are they DOT approved?

I'm not goin' out in the dark to look, but those sure as hell look like original factory stuff...

I'm not goin' out in the dark to look, but those sure as hell look like original factory stuff...

Yes......for the 09 model. That's why I was asking. The previous generations didn't look like that.

I have the 09 and I haven't trimmed it yet. It is definatly on my too do (very soon) list. I really like the bike other than the tail.

Here's a shot from farther back

p1010034.jpg

p1010036.jpg

Just trimmed my 09 - similar result to picture below. Used tie wraps to secure plate to the piece of plastic I left for the plate - tie wraps give the plate some play for when I dump it.

Well, that was easier than I thought.

I used a Dremel and their new quick-release mandrel w/ the cut-off wheel made for plastic; I had that attached to the snake wand. Then, I switched over to the metal wheel to modify the plate holder and I was done.

All-in-all, it took about an hour.