Colo 500 2008 Over !!!!!!!

To all who attend, I had the best time this year, then any other year. The weather was perfect, the people as always were great. I hope everyone made it home safely and can't wait till the next one,

Team Texas and myself would like to thanks all who participated and donated and a Special thanks to Wally, Pepe and Janet

thanks Again Dave Smoljan:worthy: ?:worthy:

On a side note- the rocks on the Cannibal plateau must be multiplying, especially going up Brush Creek.

But did anyone this year flat both his tires on the same rock at the same time. I happen to know a guy that did that last year on that very trail, but to him every obstacle is a nail and his bike is a hammer. Dave any thoughts ?

But did anyone this year flat both his tires on the same rock at the same time. I happen to know a guy that did that last year on that very trail, but to him every obstacle is a nail and his bike is a hammer. Dave any thoughts :worthy:

I know the guy your talking about and he didn't have a flat all week

not sure what his problem was ?

Merf, Did you know you are in the Ouray Travel Guide?

No, I did not! Is it a picture of me riding, standing, on a WR450? If so, we got that snapped last year while coaster racin^H^H^H^H^Hriding down from Imogene Pass during Day 3 of the 500. The guy came around while we were prepping for the next day, still snapping pictures and making me very nervous. After a few more pictures, I asked him WTH he was doing. He then told me he was taking pictures for the local paper and asked a few questions. I have a copy of the paper but I didn't know it had made it to the Ouray Travel Guide... if anyone has a copy, I'd appreciate a look.

Thanks for the heads-up G'Dawg!

BTW, the article in the paper had a positive spin, for which I was very grateful! Having a person of unknown quantity take pictures like that was pretty unnerving.

No, I did not! Is it a picture of me riding, standing, on a WR450? If so, we got that snapped last year while coaster racin^H^H^H^H^Hriding down from Imogene Pass during Day 3 of the 500. The guy came around while we were prepping for the next day, still snapping pictures and making me very nervous. After a few more pictures, I asked him WTH he was doing. He then told me he was taking pictures for the local paper and asked a few questions. I have a copy of the paper but I didn't know it had made it to the Ouray Travel Guide... if anyone has a copy, I'd appreciate a look.

Thanks for the heads-up G'Dawg!

BTW, the article in the paper had a positive spin, for which I was very grateful! Having a person of unknown quantity take pictures like that was pretty unnerving.

Yep, team texas sticker on the headlamp. Did not think to "barrow" a copy for you.

Dave,

I had an absolute blast! I'll never forget the interrogation you gave me that first night- "Do you know who this guy is?".:worthy: Thanks for showing me some great trail, and to ditto what someone else said, the trails were great, but the people involved are even better. I'll be back next year. ?

Eric

Dave,

I had an absolute blast! I'll never forget the interrogation you gave me that first night- "Do you know who this guy is?".:worthy: Thanks for showing me some great trail, and to ditto what someone else said, the trails were great, but the people involved are even better. I'll be back next year. ?

Eric

agreed Eric, it was a great week and your wife and you are great people, as for the interrogation, I'm still alittle foggy on the that first night, I hope I wasn't to tough on you

agreed Eric, it was a great week and your wife and you are great people, as for the interrogation, I'm still alittle foggy on the that first night, I hope I wasn't to tough on you

No worries. You were refering to my sponsor, but finally gave up when someone brought you another drink, and then it was my showtime to start bartending. ?

Where did you guys get to go this year ? how about a GPS track of the trip ?

we did the tradition stuff, I can't help you with a GPS stuff, If I had a GPS I couldn't use the excuse, that my riding buds keep ditching me